Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I don't like research...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gellybean, Oct 7, 2001.

1. gellybean

gellybean Member

I don't like research and do not want to go into academic medicine...does anyone else feel the same way? How should I answer a question that asks for my "level of interest in a career as a full-time faculty member in a medical school"? Should I be honest...
    Please help!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. proffit

proffit ovary mcnugget

Clinical medical research is different from the sort of stuff you've done in undergrad. Say that you don't like bench research and haven't been exposed yet to clinical research. Either way don't demean the analytical research thought process in any way. That's my take...

B

4. PTjay

PTjay Senior Member

i kind of felt the same way. one of the school's i'm interested in applying to is big on research and i wasn't sure i'd be prepared for that. fortunately i will be conducting some clinical research next year due to the program i'm currently enrolled in. we've been doing a lot of research article reviewing this semester to get ready for it and to be honest i'm getting much more interested in this now (articles can be boring to read but knowing i will get to perform actual research next year is exciting).

so basically i suggest being totally honest but at least attempt to see what type of research is out there, you may be surprised and end up enjoying it.

5. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    This is moving over to Pre-Allopathic where it is probably more relevant.

6. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

We already have that same thread lower lilycat :)
    Silly girl!!!