I don't like research...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gellybean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't like research and do not want to go into academic medicine...does anyone else feel the same way? How should I answer a question that asks for my "level of interest in a career as a full-time faculty member in a medical school"? Should I be honest...
Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Clinical medical research is different from the sort of stuff you've done in undergrad. Say that you don't like bench research and haven't been exposed yet to clinical research. Either way don't demean the analytical research thought process in any way. That's my take...

B

i kind of felt the same way. one of the school's i'm interested in applying to is big on research and i wasn't sure i'd be prepared for that. fortunately i will be conducting some clinical research next year due to the program i'm currently enrolled in. we've been doing a lot of research article reviewing this semester to get ready for it and to be honest i'm getting much more interested in this now (articles can be boring to read but knowing i will get to perform actual research next year is exciting).

so basically i suggest being totally honest but at least attempt to see what type of research is out there, you may be surprised and end up enjoying it.

Members don't see this ad :)
We already have that same thread lower lilycat :)
Silly girl!!!