I dont want to be sexist but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet

Mullet Inspector
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would feel uncomfortable with a female doctor. I have always had a male doctor, and for some reason I cant think of it being any other way.

Members don't see this ad.

I would feel uncomfortable with a female doctor. I have always had a male doctor, and for some reason I cant think of it being any other way.

did anyone else notice that there is no question in that post?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats all right. I never would have a male ob/gyn and all my kids pediatricians have been females.... and now to think about it, my family practitioners have all been females too. Its probably pretty normal to pick a physician that you think will have the most in common with you, i.e., I wanted my ob/gyns to have had children and almost switched pediatricians when I found out she didn't.

I had a female urologist once..it was uncomfortable for all of 10 seconds. (This was when I was 14) You kind of realize that doctors do this for a life though and they have probably seen the stuff once or twice in their lifetime..

To the OP:

Its called the power to choose. If you don't want a female doctor then don't pick one when its on your plan but understand that there will be several female colleagues when you practice and some may be your superior you never know. So get used to it.

In fact, at USF, there are 65 females and 55 males making the class more female oriented for the C/O 2010. Similar stats can be found for the past few years at USF as well as at many other institutions.

actually Im not going to be a doctor but thanks.

Well that's probably a normal feeling since you've always had a male doctor. I grew up having female doctors now and then so I'm ok with both

actually Im not going to be a doctor but thanks.

Everyone has a right to choose a doctor they'd be comfortable with. Out of curiosity, though, why do you feel this way about female doctors?

Another thing for people to think about (and I don't mean to be inflammatory): How would you feel if someone started a thread on SDN that said "I don't mean to be racist, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with a black doctor; I've had white doctors all my life"?

Just throwing some questions out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
your welcome!

What he said!! Then in that case it shouldn't matter because you don't have to CHOOSE a female doctor if you don't want one, but if you are in the ER and the only doctor available is a female and you are dying its you perogative to say no to treatment just becaus eits not a female.

Oh and I say this after having mostly all male doctors my whole life. Although I've never had a female doctor except for an allergist a long time ago, I can honestly say there are several brilliant female physicians I've met on the USF COM staff.

Everyone has a right to choose a doctor they'd be comfortable with. Out of curiosity, though, why do you feel this way about female doctors?

Another thing for people to think about (and I don't mean to be inflammatory): How would you feel if someone started a thread on SDN that said "I don't mean to be racist, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with a black doctor; I've had white doctors all my life"?

Oh man, do you really want people to answer that question?

now that was unnecessary! if the op wants to be a racist, that is her perogative. we are not ones to judge!

why did you assume the OP is female?

The thread is funnier that way. Sort of like the white patient specifically requesting black doctors because s/he's never had a white doctor before. :laugh:

i wanna punch this thread in the face. yes. i'm threatening violence on 1's and 0's but this is a hideous thread.

You know while a lot of you think badly of this xtreme hunter dude, I agree with what they are saying on this thread.

If they don't like a certain kind of doctor and want to discriminate that is their perogative but they don't need to be posting such things on our boards.

Secondly, females make a high percentage of doctors in modern times and many are in higher positions as some of the heads of their departments, high academic positions, etc. Some day you may have no choice but to be treated by one, so you really need to get over yourself or take your discrimination elsewhere OP.

You know while a lot of you think badly of this xtreme hunter dude, I agree with what they are saying on this thread.

If they don't like a certain kind of doctor and want to discriminate that is their perogative but they don't need to be posting such things on our boards.

She is RIGHT!

i wanna punch this thread in the face. yes. i'm threatening violence on 1's and 0's but this is a hideous thread.

:) I have to agree, even though I'm normally anti-violence. I'm sorry the initial poster doesn't feel comfortable with female doctors but I'm confused as to what the point of him/her commenting on that is...are they saying women shouldn't be doctors/wouldn't make as good doctors? My mother is a doctor, (was one of the first women to graduate from her medical school) and when I was a little kid I always felt weird about men doctors, I thought it made more sense for women to be caregivers. But I got over that when I was about eight. Right about the time when I realized that people's gender/race/religion is not a reasonable standard to judge their competence on.

Actually I dont like black people too.

Hahaha, I doubt this thread is meant to be taken that seriously guys... come on now.

I'm a guy and I wouldn't mind having a young, hot female doctor taking care of me ;)

Hahaha, I doubt this thread is meant to be taken that seriously guys... come on now.

I'm a guy and I wouldn't mind having a young, hot female doctor taking care of me ;)

Wow, Obviously a troll.

Also, please address me as Sir or colonel. I believe Ive earned it.

I had an attractive pregnant woman give me a physical. I had no problems with this. I prefer women.

I'd feel weird having a guy cup my jewels and making me cough. I'd opt for the female doctor anyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.