SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

i dunno about you guys but this waiting is killing me

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by tum, Feb 28, 2007.

1. tum

tum don't call it a comeback 10+ Year Member

Mar 2, 2003
    anyone else ruminating? maybe i'll just drink until the 15th

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. CJamblooze

CJamblooze Legend in my own Mind 2+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2006
    15 days. Yup. 15 days. Uh huh. fifteen. days.

4. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27 10+ Year Member

Waiting for what? What's the 15th?

Just kidding.

5. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Right now, all I am worried about is getting the message that tells me that I have Matched on the 12th! Then, I will worry about the 15th!:laugh:

6. mig26x

mig26x Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Thats how im feeling too, I want to see the YES and then worry about where Im going to end up!!

7. Shah_Patel_PT

Shah_Patel_PT MD Physician 10+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2005
    MI, NY, CA, Fl, NV
    I've started going into the hospital really late. I get there after the attending....and I leave the hospital without doing my consults...the residents will do it....I can't even open a freakin medical book anymore....

8. Charge!

Charge! 2+ Year Member

Jul 24, 2006
    On Neuro servic right now I think I am the one who needs to have a MMSE done on them :p Seriously, I have ABSOLUTELY no motivation to study, now only if I convey this to my OVERLY eager neurology attending ;)

9. tum

Mar 2, 2003
    haha yes exactly.. every moment i'm at the hospital i'm like "man right now i've got bigger stuff going on than this."

that being said this isn't that bad overall

10. Auscultate

Auscultate 2+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    by KentW
    To see exactly how much longer you have to wait until Match Day, click here!

11. superdood

superdood Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 7, 2004
    lol, that is classic. i love it.

12. Jonath00

Jonath00 2+ Year Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Hmm.. but I thought the wait is either going to kill you or you will drink yourself to Wernicke-Korsakoff by match date? :D

13. tum

Mar 2, 2003
    no way man i take my multi-vits :)

14. CJamblooze

CJamblooze Legend in my own Mind 2+ Year Member

Nov 5, 2006

HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I sent it out to my class.

15. mig26x

mig26x Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I had to take some Xanax just to relax and get some sleep!!! I cant be up all night!!!. The medication is starting to kick in pretty nicely by now!! LOL. thats pretty good!!

16. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2001
    I do believe that this was the longest weekend of my life!

17. fang

fang 7+ Year Member

Feb 13, 2003
    Purgatory
    AAAARRGGHHH!!!! The match is over, somewhere there is a computer with all of our results stored in its RAM, and for some unknown reason we have to wait 64 hours to find out. Why, why??

I guess there's no choice but to go back to ignoring what's going on for the moment so I can actually do something productive, and hopefully that will last for the next 60 hours or so, when I plan to get drunk. Then I'll probably stay at least pleasantly tipsy for the next 10 hours. The question is, will I drink more or less if I match at #1 vs #10? Hmmm...

(Ha! The above sounds like repression followed by more repression facillitated by etOH... any psych people read this forum?)

18. turkleton

turkleton Capeless Crusader 2+ Year Member

Dec 26, 2006
    You know, I never thought of that... I think both will be equal for quite obviously different reasons. Good luck my friends! There will be a silent toast to all the unknown SDN colleagues who suffered with me come Thursday... probably followed by unnecessarily loud, slurred toasts with the ol classmates.

19. Auscultate

Auscultate 2+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Good question ....just like "tears of joy", "tears of sorrow" OR "tears of resignation"?

I'm pretty sure I'll match within my top 4 (actually top 1a-1d; unless I was lied to) but I'll see what my reaction will be at 1a versus 1d.
    Congratulations and good luck people. Looks from the list of unfilled positions that this was a very competitive year for IM categorical.