• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

i dunno about you guys but this waiting is killing me

About the Ads

Shah_Patel_PT

MD
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
MI, NY, CA, Fl, NV
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
anyone else ruminating? maybe i'll just drink until the 15th

I've started going into the hospital really late. I get there after the attending....and I leave the hospital without doing my consults...the residents will do it....I can't even open a freakin medical book anymore....

Charge!

10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
On Neuro servic right now I think I am the one who needs to have a MMSE done on them :p Seriously, I have ABSOLUTELY no motivation to study, now only if I convey this to my OVERLY eager neurology attending ;)

tum

don't call it a comeback
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
haha yes exactly.. every moment i'm at the hospital i'm like "man right now i've got bigger stuff going on than this."

that being said this isn't that bad overall

Jonath00

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
haha yes exactly.. every moment i'm at the hospital i'm like "man right now i've got bigger stuff going on than this."

that being said this isn't that bad overall

Hmm.. but I thought the wait is either going to kill you or you will drink yourself to Wernicke-Korsakoff by match date? :D

fang

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2003
Purgatory
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
AAAARRGGHHH!!!! The match is over, somewhere there is a computer with all of our results stored in its RAM, and for some unknown reason we have to wait 64 hours to find out. Why, why??

I guess there's no choice but to go back to ignoring what's going on for the moment so I can actually do something productive, and hopefully that will last for the next 60 hours or so, when I plan to get drunk. Then I'll probably stay at least pleasantly tipsy for the next 10 hours. The question is, will I drink more or less if I match at #1 vs #10? Hmmm...

(Ha! The above sounds like repression followed by more repression facillitated by etOH... any psych people read this forum?)

turkleton

Capeless Crusader
10+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The question is, will I drink more or less if I match at #1 vs #10? Hmmm...

You know, I never thought of that... I think both will be equal for quite obviously different reasons. Good luck my friends! There will be a silent toast to all the unknown SDN colleagues who suffered with me come Thursday... probably followed by unnecessarily loud, slurred toasts with the ol classmates.

Auscultate

10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
The question is, will I drink more or less if I match at #1 vs #10? Hmmm...

Good question ....just like "tears of joy", "tears of sorrow" OR "tears of resignation"?

I'm pretty sure I'll match within my top 4 (actually top 1a-1d; unless I was lied to) but I'll see what my reaction will be at 1a versus 1d.
Congratulations and good luck people. Looks from the list of unfilled positions that this was a very competitive year for IM categorical.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.