I failed, I need more detailed reading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dvdrv31

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i failed my step 3 from feb 9-10. i also failed step 2 last year and then retook it with a score over 90 and i did more detailed reading. what sources are good for more detailed reading that is good for step 3? this is what i have so far.

IM - Step Up to Medicine (i also used this for step 2 and what let me pass)

Peds - Blueprints peds

OBGYN - Blueprints obgyn

Psych - i am a 2nd year psych resident so i don't really care, but if u have any suggestions, that's okay!

thanks a lot guys. wish me luck, and i will pray for all of you on this board also.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear about your Step 3. Could you tell us what materials you studied first time around? Also, did you get a breakdown of how you did on each section? Maybe there are problem areas that you can focus on.

FYI:
I used Crush Step 3, First Aid Step 3, then I did all the questions on USMLE World including the computer-simulation cases. Took it last year, 220/93.

i used Crush and UW. but i am not a good test taker, not a good history on Step 2. i think i need more detailed reading, and that's what helped me on Step 2. i bought Master the Boards this time, and should have gotten it the first time around. it has the simple what is the diagnosis, what is the initial step, what is the most accurate test, etc for each disease. that combined with some more detailed reading is what i'm trying now.

Hi. I didn't pass Step 3 either. We sound pretty similar - studied Crush and USMLEWorld too.

I finished a Transitional Year and I'm starting PM&R this summer. Have had about 3 years since graduating med school. Had lots of health probs... but decided to stick it out. Had really severe back pain while studying. Having surgery in a few weeks. Plan on applying for Special Accomadations the 2nd time around. Anyway... I digress.

What did you end up using to study the 2nd time around. I'm looking to take a course, like Premier Review or Archer. Any thoughts?

Have you taken Step 3 again yet? I cannot start my advanced training until I pass it (program rules).

Good luck to you!

it seems that the uw ?'s go a lil deeper than master the boards. i used first aid for step2 and loved it, thinking i should use it again for step 3...
anybody using fa2CK for step 3.
i feel like i need one good book and mtb aint doin it!
help:confused: