I failed orgo I twice and orgo II once. help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

akgrown907

Took organic chemistry I spring '15 did not pass by one percent.

Took organic chemistry II summer '15 thinking that I would pass it because I almost passed organic chemistry I. I missed passing with a C by 2 percent. Everything was fast paced. I took the course while taking two other courses and I was also working. This course was taught in 5 weeks.

Fall '15 I retook organic chemistry I online, but it was terrible. I was not taught anything at all. I was tested over material that was not on the book. I ended up with a D in the course.

Should I retake organic chemistry I in the spring? Should I continue on to organic chemistry 2 and lab? I need to get through the organic chemistry sequence so that I can continue onto biochemistry in the fall. That is the only time it is offered.

Option 1: take organic chemistry I in the spring, organic chemistry 2 over the summer, chemistry lab and biochemistry in the fall

Option 2: take organic chemistry 2 and lab in the spring, retake organic chemistry I over the summer, take biochemistry in the fall

Please help. I need advice on what to do now.. I have great grades on all of my classes. I am just stumped on organic chemistry.

Members don't see this ad.

Took organic chemistry I spring '15 did not pass by one percent.

Took organic chemistry II summer '15 thinking that I would pass it because I almost passed organic chemistry I. I missed passing with a C by 2 percent. Everything was fast paced. I took the course while taking two other courses and I was also working. This course was taught in 5 weeks.

Fall '15 I retook organic chemistry I online, but it was terrible. I was not taught anything at all. I was tested over material that was not on the book. I ended up with a D in the course.

Should I retake organic chemistry I in the spring? Should I continue on to organic chemistry 2 and lab? I need to get through the organic chemistry sequence so that I can continue onto biochemistry in the fall. That is the only time it is offered.

Option 1: take organic chemistry I in the spring, organic chemistry 2 over the summer, chemistry lab and biochemistry in the fall

Option 2: take organic chemistry 2 and lab in the spring, retake organic chemistry I over the summer, take biochemistry in the fall

Please help. I need advice on what to do now.. I have great grades on all of my classes. I am just stumped on organic chemistry.

Go with Option 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Orgo II will be much easier if you build a solid foundation of the material in Orgo I. Take it one step at a time.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.