I feel desperate, plz advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lily1985

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm an old grad (>15 yrs) IMG.
very good research profile,
Step 1=230
Step 2<215
How can I get a prelim position and then match into nuclear med??
I did not match this year.
Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I suspect the OP wants to at least be licensed in something

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe consider a specialty with better job prospects?
I like NM. We have shortage in this field in my country. Planning to get back there after graduation. Any idea, help about reaching this goal??

I like NM. We have shortage in this field in my country. Planning to get back there after graduation. Any idea, help about reaching this goal??
Maybe contact nuclear medicine programs and see if they are interested

Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are referring to nuclear medicine and not radiology or radiation oncology, correct?

Maybe contact nuclear medicine programs and see if they are interested

Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are referring to nuclear medicine and not radiology or radiation oncology, correct?
Yes we are on the same page. To get into NM I need to be a PGY2. My concern is what your advice is for me to secure a prelim year? I applied for prelim this year but I did not get in. Does doing clinical observations enough?

I am not sure, I would post in the general residency forum regarding that. It may be possible that the program arranges the preliminary year, but I am not absolutely sure