I feel like I forgot everything from last year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teratos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obviously I'm exaggerating but I don't know how I'm supposed to keep up with everything from last year and then continue with this year, especially with stuff from anatomy.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll remember things more than you think, even though it doesn't seem like it when you just casually try to think about an old topic. If it's really worrying you, try doing some flashcards (devote like 30 minutes every day to reviewing old material - you'll thank yourself come step time). or reading through the relevant material in FA.

Reactions: 1 user
You probably did forget most of everything, unfortunately (I know I did). But you've seen the material before, and the second time around you'll pick everything up much quicker.

My advice? Don't stress about it. As an example; it took me 5 days to re-learn everything I needed to know about Neuro for boards, whereas the first time around it took me 6 weeks of hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea don't stress. The important things from 1st year will be reiterated and probably make more sense in the setting of pathology.

Also this never ends, you'll forget things from 2nd year in 3rd year and things from med school in residency, etc. Trust the process, know you can always look things up, and the things that will be important in the long term you will see repeatedly.

Should have studied over the summer

Reactions: 3 users
Lol you forget everything every year. M3 now. I swear I left my brain at Prometric and I ain't going back for it it seems like.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm always a little bit glad to read that this happens to other people as well. Sometimes I get nervous i'm the only one who can manage to take 2+ years of spanish in high school and now only remember "hola" and "como estas". lol

Reactions: 1 user
I just gave my Step 2 CK 1.5 weeks ago. I think my score would be decreasing about 5-10 points each week since the exam.