1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

I feel really stupid when I do Kaplan Q-bank passages

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by jv00927, Jul 27, 2006.

1. jv00927

jv00927 Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Does anyone feel that the Kaplan q-bank passages (especially the bio ones) are ridiculously difficult? It really shatters my confidence f or the MCATand makes me feel like I don't know anything.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OCPreMed

OCPreMed Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

hey bud, dont stress... i don't know what kaplan q bank passages are... but I vehemently deny the 'realness' of kaplan stuff on the degree of difficulty.. if u r in the course, i hear the tests they give u on ur diags are MORE realistic.. but the practice stuff u can buy, or take home is just rediculous. I am scoring above 12 in ps on TPR and AAMC stuff, but when it comes to KAPLAN anything, I do much worst.

i have that 45 T book, and I have found 2 errors in it already.. make sure u check ur answers and read if the letter they gave is to the explanation, u would be suprised sometimes... I think I caught it at least 3 times on their materials..

ps. i hate kaplan. scale of hating, MOST to least.. MCAT>KAPLAN>Secondaries :laugh:

4. IckeyShuffle

IckeyShuffle MS1 t-minus 1.5 months..
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    yeah i agree. I quit doing the qbank. Those questions are waaaay too hard. Do the sectional tests, subject tests, discrete tests before the online bank. Those are much more represenative and better for testing concepts. The full legths i have done so far, one and two, have been decent but nothing beats the good old AAMC questions.