i finally finished reading my TPR books!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bravesfan113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i finally finished reading my TPR books.. 1425 pages later! its such a relief to have finally gone through it once. that took FOREVER. time to solidify the high yield concepts and start taking mad practice tests before june 13 :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats.

I know the feeling! Then, not long after I finished I Just realized there was so much information that much of it had lost that "strong grasp" feeling I had while reviewing it. LOL. The thing about studying for the MCAT, IMHO, is that you NEVER feel 100% prepared.

Congrats.

I know the feeling! Then, not long after I finished I Just realized there was so much information that much of it had lost that "strong grasp" feeling I had while reviewing it. LOL. The thing about studying for the MCAT, IMHO, is that you NEVER feel 100% prepared.

ya i hear you. i've got a mental list in my head right now of stuff to go back over and memorize (solubility rules, hormones, etc).. and physics problems to start working. i've got this weird thing that i've got to read every page even if i know it, so i read them straight through... now i can go back and really hit the stuff i don't know without reading and understanding every single word :p

Yeah, I need to start memorizing all the nitty gritty stuff, too. Pain in the arse.

Members don't see this ad :)
i finally finished reading my TPR books.. 1425 pages later! its such a relief to have finally gone through it once. that took FOREVER. time to solidify the high yield concepts and start taking mad practice tests before june 13 :thumbup:

How long did it take you to read them all?

If you "really" read and don't take too detailed of notes I'd say its possible to get them done in 3-4 weeks.

How long did it take you to read them all?

2 months. and i was really reading because i haven't had some of these classes in years. but i was also doing lots of practice problems, going to TPR class 4 nights a week, and studying for tests in my classes (during these times i wouldn't study MCAT for about a week or so)

if all you were doing was reading these books you could probably do it in 2 weeks, but it would be a pretty rough 2 weeks. i can read 3 normal length chapters in a day on the weekend while taking pretty good notes (excluding chapters like electricity + magnetism, which is around 100 pages long)

holy hell...is that physically possible?!?!?!
My bad, I misspoke! It was one weekend, not one day! I was doing 4-5/day for quite a number of days. I read half of the TPR material in like 2 weeks or less. I didn't take notes on any biology though, I took notes on the Phys/Chem/Ochem. I revisited the bio in EK and took notes over the course of like 3 days.

My bad, I misspoke! It was one weekend, not one day! I was doing 4-5/day for quite a number of days. I read half of the TPR material in like 2 weeks or less. I didn't take notes on any biology though, I took notes on the Phys/Chem/Ochem. I revisited the bio in EK and took notes over the course of like 3 days.
hahaha that makes more sense...i would never be able to do that much in one day. i think its much easier to finish gchem, ochem, and physics chpts than bio. bio requires so much concentration and memorization that it takes me forever to finish one bio chpt. maybe thats just me though ;)