i finish the practice tests, and can't finish the real thing!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xTinaBna

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all!

this will be my 3rd mcat..and my last one definitely! i always finish the sections (with the exception of the last passage in verbal) on my practice tests..and on the real mcats i've never finished! does any one have any recommendations to alleviate this problem? do you think its some anxiety taking over me? i really do not feel any more stressed the day of the exam..i just dont understand why i take so long on the real mcats..thanks! goood luck to all!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

cbenedic said:
hi all!

this will be my 3rd mcat..and my last one definitely! i always finish the sections (with the exception of the last passage in verbal) on my practice tests..and on the real mcats i've never finished! does any one have any recommendations to alleviate this problem? do you think its some anxiety taking over me? i really do not feel any more stressed the day of the exam..i just dont understand why i take so long on the real mcats..thanks! goood luck to all!!! :)

Do you take diagnostics in your room or do you take them in a lecture hall with other people? Do you take them as seriously as the real thing?

That's my problem too. I still finish though, but at home I finish physical sciences with 30 minutes remaining, on the diagnostics in a lecture hall I finish 5 minutes early.

RPedigo said:
Do you take diagnostics in your room or do you take them in a lecture hall with other people? Do you take them as seriously as the real thing?

That's my problem too. I still finish though, but at home I finish physical sciences with 30 minutes remaining, on the diagnostics in a lecture hall I finish 5 minutes early.

i've taken princeton review before my first mcat..and those exams were in a lecture hall. this time i've been studying on my own..and i am actually finishing the verbal section in practice. i do finish the science sections with about 10 minutes to spare. i feel like maybe i take the practice tests more seriously? i definitley force myself to relax the day of the real thing and just chill out...but may be its a good idea to be a little bit tense? :oops:

my guess is you aren't finishing on the real mcat because you are thinking "this is the real mcat, i have to get this right!" . where as on the practice exams, if you aren't getting the answer within a minute and half, you'll just move on.

so use this moving on technique in the real mcat too...so you can get to the easier questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try not to bump old threads if they aren't going to be relevant anymore. Don't worry though, all of us forget to check the date from time to time. It's no big deal. :) I'll close it though just to prevent anymore bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.