1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

i finish the practice tests, and can't finish the real thing!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by cbenedic, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbenedic

cbenedic Wolverine for life
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hi all!

this will be my 3rd mcat..and my last one definitely! i always finish the sections (with the exception of the last passage in verbal) on my practice tests..and on the real mcats i've never finished! does any one have any recommendations to alleviate this problem? do you think its some anxiety taking over me? i really do not feel any more stressed the day of the exam..i just dont understand why i take so long on the real mcats..thanks! goood luck to all!!! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RPedigo

Physician Faculty Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    Do you take diagnostics in your room or do you take them in a lecture hall with other people? Do you take them as seriously as the real thing?

That's my problem too. I still finish though, but at home I finish physical sciences with 30 minutes remaining, on the diagnostics in a lecture hall I finish 5 minutes early.

4. cbenedic

cbenedic Wolverine for life
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

i've taken princeton review before my first mcat..and those exams were in a lecture hall. this time i've been studying on my own..and i am actually finishing the verbal section in practice. i do finish the science sections with about 10 minutes to spare. i feel like maybe i take the practice tests more seriously? i definitley force myself to relax the day of the real thing and just chill out...but may be its a good idea to be a little bit tense? :oops:

5. bananaboat

bananaboat Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

my guess is you aren't finishing on the real mcat because you are thinking "this is the real mcat, i have to get this right!" . where as on the practice exams, if you aren't getting the answer within a minute and half, you'll just move on.

so use this moving on technique in the real mcat too...so you can get to the easier questions.

6. boomstick16

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I have to ask are you just having a hard time focusing and memorizing everything?

7. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This thread is quite old and the OP has already become a medical student.

8. Vihsadas

Vihsadas No summer
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Try not to bump old threads if they aren't going to be relevant anymore. Don't worry though, all of us forget to check the date from time to time. It's no big deal. :) I'll close it though just to prevent anymore bumps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.