I forgot to click "save" on 4/10 mcat writing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shoushu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the mcat today, but instead of heeding the advice to click the save button every few minutes for writing portion, I forgot to do so. I ended up writing to the last few seconds, until time ran out and the little notice window popped up.

My full essays were still in the system and submitted right? Even if I never clicked any of the save, copy, cut/paste, whateve buttons.

Members don't see this ad.

I asked the proctor about this. She said it auto saves every 10 seconds. They just put that statement on the writing as an extra precaution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got back from my MCAT and did the same thing on 1st writing sample as OP. On the 2nd one I pressed Save at the very end.

Thank God I was about to start crying if I opened this thread and saw that it didn't save automatically.

Just got back from my MCAT and did the same thing on 1st writing sample as OP. On the 2nd one I pressed Save at the very end.

Thank God I was about to start crying if I opened this thread and saw that it didn't save automatically.

Lol I did this also

WHEW!!!!!! I forgot to save the first essay, too! Good thing it was the first essay and not the second because I had to stave off a mini panic attack just to put together a decent second essay (which wasn't as good as my first one). I managed to recover midway through the second essay and into the break before biological sciences.

I didnt know there was a save button until just now. I got an R on the real thing so im pretty sure they were able to score my essay. (unless they didnt get the last 10 seconds?)