I found mistake on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay i know now i'm being paranoid/crazy/... but just hear me out

i went back to my AMCAS app. for something and i found out under course work i spelled "Fundamentl", this way.

now i got some (not enough) interviews, so i know it's not a big deal, but DAMN, you try to be perfect and this shows up.

i know i shouldn't worry but can you guys tell me if you have seen this in your app.

Members don't see this ad.

newdude said:
Okay i know now i'm being paranoid/crazy/... but just hear me out

i went back to my AMCAS app. for something and i found out under course work i spelled "Fundamentl", this way.

now i got some (not enough) interviews, so i know it's not a big deal, but DAMN, you try to be perfect and this shows up.

i know i shouldn't worry but can you guys tell me if you have seen this in your app.

yup...i found 2 mistakes my first time around, 1 mistake my 2nd time around and none this time around.

Yep...I spelled service "servie." Oh well, I really don't care anymore. And if this is the stuff that they're deciding on (which they're not, I assure you) then they're just mean and there's nothing you and I can do about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
just let it go, its really not a big deal. this whole process feels so arbitrary that it doesn't matter, not one little mistake. If it helps, a friend of mine filled out a secondary and put in the name of the wrong school, and still got an interview ha!

OK.. I have a funny mistake and it was a BIG one.

I had my Loyola secondary papers at work, but did not have access to my primary. I noticed that the deadline was the NEXT DAY, so I frantically whipped out an essay really fast, Fedexed it and then forgot about it until my interview.

Before my interview, I went to reread my secondary, and much to my horror, I had written the SAME vignette, and virtually the same essay for BOTH my primary AND my secondary - I felt completely ******ed, but hey - I got an acceptance from there, so see, even BIG mistakes won't kill you!

Ok... thank God this didn't happen, but it came close. I found myself filling out two secondaries consecutively and writing checks for the fees. When it came time to put everything in the envelope I could've sworn that I put the right check with the right secondary in its respective envelope. On a last minute whim before I hit the mailbox, something told me I goofed and mixed up the 2 checks. After correctly putting each check in the right envelope, I let out a sigh of relief, checked again (for good measure), sealed up everything and sent them off. Needless to say, I still have nightmares about this whole ordeal... so hard... to sleep... at night :scared:

yeah no biggie i made a mistake on my amcas too in a last minute verb tense change on my person statement. so the noun and verb do not match up or something like that. i freaked about it for a day but then i was over it.

So far I have around 7 mistakes on my application throughout the personal statement as well as the activities. Have had interviews throughout cali and just got into UCSD. Bottom line is that the the adcoms dont care. BTW, I wrote my UCSD biography essay after a party one night and put in the story of how I lost my virginity. At the time I thought it would be funny, but alcohol does that. At the end of the day, no big deal. :laugh: