I get to be a pediatrician and train at an awesome place thread (2021 edition)!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, now 24 more hours until this year's match. If you want to, feel free to express your feelings here now. If you'd like, after the match tomorrow, tell us where this awesome place is (or at least the region....) so others can find you if they are there. Regardless, at least tell us how it went for you. As always, remember that, some of your friends may not have matched at their top choice, so, online and in person, be thoughtful in celebrating. But, DO break out the celebration wine. Regardless of where you matched, you get to join a great group of pediatricians and have a career filled with smiling babies and happy parents who never complain or worry. Well, maybe not always that, but it still beats taking care of adults!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to the upcoming PL-1's out there. I know I was happy when I opened up that envelope (*gulp* holy crap) 20 years ago. And a little gift pearl for your board exams. Goat's milk has no folate.

Nardo

Reactions: 1 users
Goat's milk has no folate.

Nardo
as it comes out of the goat that's true. In fairness (this tidbit isn't asked on the boards), pasteurized goat's milk as purchased in cartons at the store is usually folate fortified. What many folks don't know is that cow's milk has very little naturally occuring vitamin D and apple juice very little natural vitamin C. What you buy at the store is fortified with the vitamins....

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
True story - a metabolic state newborn screening lab (the folks who run mass spec on blood spots) had a mystery case with a very weird profile but it didn't match any known inborn error of metabolism. Contacted the family...turned out they were feeding the baby goat's milk instead of human milk/formula. Case solved.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user