i got 4 wrong about of 30 g chem question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Keroro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and DAT achiever said I got 20 out of 30 in gchem section

is this how DAT works, too?

Members don't see this ad.

i think people perceive kaplan and topscore to be easier than the real DAT based off of their scores. the content of all 3 tests were the same... in fact i think the DAT was harder simply because of how they asked the questions. sure my DAT score improved by 3 points going from kaplan final to the real DAT... and improved 4-5 points comparing topscore to DAT, but i think this is all because topscore and kaplan have a standard scoring system that is harsher than the DAT. this ensures that when you take their test and you take the real DAT, you always 'improve'

What are you talking about vize? Kaplan's scoring system as well as topscore's scoring system are scaled the same as the real DAT.

RockstarDMD said:
What are you talking about vize? Kaplan's scoring system as well as topscore's scoring system are scaled the same as the real DAT.

I think the scaling is the same but the questions are slightly harder. Also, the scaling has ranges. Like 18-21 raw points = 16 scaled scored (just an example). So maybe real DAT an 18 gets the 16 scaled, Topscore 21 = 16 scaled.

Thank that makes sense at all?

I haven't heard it from anyone just thinking about what could possible cause it. Any other suggestions?

here is a breakdown chart:

scan0002.jpg

the link:
HERE

:D