i got 89 in part 1, is it good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denzel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

will part 1 score of 89 get me anywhere or should i score above 90? please help!
thanks! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is good enuff ... though there will be other responses to yr question. I would say go ahead and take yr part 2 and come back to this if you have more time before you apply.

thanks,
is part 2 necessary? does it help in getting admitted? if so please let me know how the part 2 can help?
thanks,
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
denzel said:
thanks,
is part 2 necessary? does it help in getting admitted? if so please let me know how the part 2 can help?
thanks,
:luck:

I dont know how.. but definitely gives a boost over other applicants ... its not a must!! But look at it this way .. there are 2 applicants with 89 part 1 and only one has done part 2 .. definitely shows that the one with part 2 is a better choice .. its not that you have to do .. but if you have the time why not, you will have to do it some day!!!

denzel said:
hi,

will part 1 score of 89 get me anywhere or should i score above 90? please help!
thanks! :luck:
it is a good score :thumbup: but it also dependson ur toefl score......... what is your toefl score?

Please do not say something which you do not have reliable information about. The TOEFL score has almost no bearing on your chances of getting in. All it signifies is that you have satisfied one of their requirements.

Denzel,go ahead and take you Part II but also start applying for school asap. The following are the important factors:

-Work exp in home country
-Work exp in the US
-Additional qual after BDS(eg. MPH)
-Performance in interview(Extremely important)
-GPA(not so much)

Wish you all the best. Please let me know if I can be of any help. I will take some time to reply but I surely will.

thank you for the info, r u a student at a dental school or r u waiting for admisson,
thanks,

BDS-DMD said:
Please do not say something which you do not have reliable information about. The TOEFL score has almost no bearing on your chances of getting in. All it signifies is that you have satisfied one of their requirements.

Denzel,go ahead and take you Part II but also start applying for school asap. The following are the important factors:

-Work exp in home country
-Work exp in the US
-Additional qual after BDS(eg. MPH)
-Performance in interview(Extremely important)
-GPA(not so much)

Wish you all the best. Please let me know if I can be of any help. I will take some time to reply but I surely will.

g3k said:
I dont know how.. but definitely gives a boost over other applicants ... its not a must!! But look at it this way .. there are 2 applicants with 89 part 1 and only one has done part 2 .. definitely shows that the one with part 2 is a better choice .. its not that you have to do .. but if you have the time why not, you will have to do it some day!!!

another thing..
i think schools that do not have part 2 as a requirement for admission.. care only about the aprt 1 score. i doesnt matter if uve given ure part 2 or not.i mena if there are 2 canidates, one whose given part 1 and 2 and another one whose part 1 score is better . the second canidate has a better chance in a school where part 2 is not a requirement.

Thats true

Bottom line:A higher Part I score is BETTER than a not-as-high Part I score and Part II.