I got a C in general biology lab.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lina19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I need some advice. I just finished my freshman year of college, and I learned that I got a C in general biology II lab. I got an A in general biology II lecture. My other biology lab and lecture were A's. I just want an honest opinion from someone who is in medical school, a doctor, or someone who is going to apply to medical school about my situation. I study hard, and I really want to be a physician. My premed office advised against retaking the class, and I wanted to know what I could do to improve my chances when I apply to medical school. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It's a one cred course, I got a C+ in Gen Chem 2 lab during freshman year, labs don't reflect astronomically on your ability to make clinical decisions and understand the sciences. If you're getting As in Bio and just messed up the lab I think you'll be fine. Just keep getting As and A-s in the sciences, figure out what it is about labs that you're possibly weak on (I just don't mix with chem lab and that's how it is, but I should have tried to figure out my weakness) and change it. Fact is, Chem and Orgo lab make Bio lab a walk in the park so you need to put in 110% if you don't want to go down that road again. But in a nutshell, don't panic, you're a freshman in college, you got a C in a tiny course, it's gonna be ok

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeeze, quit fussing. it's only one lab. You don't need a 4.0 to get into medical school. Just buckle down and improve your leanring habits. You won't need to repeat.

And learn to relax.

So, I need some advice. I just finished my freshman year of college, and I learned that I got a C in general biology II lab. I got an A in general biology II lecture. My other biology lab and lecture were A's. I just want an honest opinion from someone who is in medical school, a doctor, or someone who is going to apply to medical school about my situation. I study hard, and I really want to be a physician. My premed office advised against retaking the class, and I wanted to know what I could do to improve my chances when I apply to medical school. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Would it be okay to work in a science lab, work 5 hours a week, and then take 18 hours? Would that be too much?

I would take biodiversity and lab, organic chem 1 and lab, spanish, piano III, health communications, and sociology.

Would it be okay to work in a science lab, work 5 hours a week, and then take 18 hours? Would that be too much?

I would take biodiversity and lab, organic chem 1 and lab, spanish, piano III, health communications, and sociology.

Only you will know this answer.

But why try to over do it? Adcoms don't give you a break because you took too many credits and then had other things. Really all that matters at the end of the day is your overall GPA and your science GPA in regards to grades.

Enjoy college, don't try to rush. Leave time for experiences, including those that aren't necessarily related to medicine. There's a reason everyone who is done with college will tell you these things, because looking back you realize how little every little thing mattered. Its like when you were in high school and you thought your crush talking to you was the biggest moment in history. Seems pretty silly looking back.

Sorry to beat a dead horse.

Its like when you were in high school and you thought your crush talking to you was the biggest moment in history. Seems pretty silly looking back.

200x200px-ZC-ebde5ba4_Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpeg

Seriously though, one swallow does not a summer make.