I Got a Thank You Note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying4MD

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After sending out the usual thank you note to one interviewer, I got this back:

Dear Praying4MD,

I enjoyed our interview on [date] during your visit to ______. I hope you enjoyed your interview day. The admissions committee believes that the interview forms an invaluable part of the admissions process, allowing each applicant to be appreciated on a personal scale and allowing each applicant to assess the personality of our school.

Although our facilities are impressive, we are even more proud of our people-- the faculty, housestaff and students who make this institution an exciting community, advancing the cutting edge of medicine through education, research and practice. I hope you were able to visit with others on our faculty, in addition to your interviewers.

If you have further questions regarding either this institution or your application, please address them to Dr. ____ in the admissions office.

With our best wishes for a fulfilling career in medicine.

Sincerely,
"Thomas Cruise, M.D., Ph.D" ;)

What in the world does this mean? Is it an indication of anything? Good or bad? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't good or bad, but I think a reply is merited, something along the lines of, Dr. Cruise, it was certainly a pleasure to meet you. I appreciate that you took the time to introduce me to ABC med school, etc. etc...

I was wondering about whether to reply as well because here was the series of events and communications:

1. Interview
2. Thank You Note from ME TO Interviewer
3. Thank You Note from Interviewer TO ME (basically in reply to #2)

I think another reply may be overdoing it. I mean, how long is this gonna go on? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't reply again...
Enough is enough...congrats on getting a thank you note :) hehe

Oh sorry, I didn't get that first part. Yeah, don't reply again; sounded like a form letter anyway. Except I think it'd be sort of funny to see how long you could keep thanking each other...

Don't reply again.

I'm assuming this is from a UT school? ;)

Anyways, I think this is their way of continuing to sell their school in a way; they want to make sure they stay high on your list when ranking time comes. I had a friend who had a similar situation last year when he interviewed.

Originally posted by praying4MD:
•What in the world does this mean? Is it an indication of anything? Good or bad? :confused:

Well, I'd be concerned that there are blanks where the school's and the doctor's names would be, but other than that it's just politeness on their part, and as mentioned, more selling of their school

Andrew

I think she left them blank to protect the innocent and the guilty :)
and the Tom Cruise thing was just wishful thinking ;)

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm just going to leave it at that right now, otherwise, who knows how long it could carry on? Lilycat's right-- probably selling the school again.

Andrew, you made me laugh out loud. :)

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•... the Tom Cruise thing was just wishful thinking ;)
That's what you think. ;)

My gut feeling is that Tommy just can't get enough of me & that's why I got the note in the first place. At least that's what he's been saying every night this week (and mornings too.) ;) Pretty soon, I'm going to need a restraining order against him... I'm just getting oh so tired. :oops:

After all, I've got to save some energy so I can have something to offer other the adcoms too. I don't know how I'm going to last throughout interview season with this schedule. :eek: Who ever said sleeping your way to the top was the easy way out? ;) :D

I hope I have an interview with you praying4md!!! haha
Hilarious!!! :)

Scooby: hehe. :D You can always dream my friend... you can always dream. But that courtesy is usually not extended to fellow interviewees (depending on your looks, exceptions can be made.) ;) SDN really is a bad influence. I really must stop this soon. :D