I got accepted into pharmacy school with a very low GPA/PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied, interviewed and got accepted into 9 schools total, heres my credentials:

PCAT:69
GPA: 2.9 (overall) ...... (3.6~science/math)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied, interviewed and got accepted into 2 schools total, heres my credentials:

PCAT:59
GPA: 2.6 (overall) ...... (3.2~science/math)
Experience: 1 year as a full-time technician

I also earned a degree in Biology while doing my prereqs.
Hi! Is that pharmcas GPA or your bachelors GPA. Was it your first time applying or second?
I wish you all the best during these upcoming years! Thanks for the motivation.

Last edited:
Grats! Your thread has given me a sliver of hope. Which school are you going to pick?

They will let anyone in

I will let you know after I apply whether or not that is true...

They will let anyone in

I get it when you guys say don't go into pharmacy in a post that is asking if they should pursue pharmacy. But what is the purpose of saying that in a post about someone who obviously is happy about the outcome? What made you think "hmmm I want to put this person down and make them feel bad"? I sense a lot of bitterness in your post. I can only imagine what type of person you are. Don't give that BS you're trying to help OP either, you probably weren't a winner growing up and you thought you finally was making way for your life in pursuing pharmacy until you realized that it's a service/retail base profession that doesn't command the respect you've been waiting for your whole life. And to add to that saturation is here and slowly but surely your choice is a regret so you come in here to bring people down since misery loves company?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I get it when you guys say don't go into pharmacy in a post that is asking if they should pursue pharmacy. But what is the purpose of saying that in a post about someone who obviously is happy about the outcome? What made you think "hmmm I want to put this person down and make them feel bad"? I sense a lot of bitterness in your post. I can only imagine what type of person you are. Don't give that BS you're trying to help OP either, you probably weren't a winner growing up and you thought you finally was making way for your life in pursuing pharmacy until you realized that it's a service/retail base profession that doesn't command the respect you've been waiting for your whole life. And to add to that saturation is here and slowly but surely your choice is a regret so you come in here to bring people down since misery loves company?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This guy has a 2.6 and 59 PCAT and got multiple offers. I'm only stating the obvious.

All the bragging about getting in with a low GPA and PCAT score only tells how low standards in our profession have fallen. The truth is that pharmacy schools no longer care about the quality of the applicant but more about how how much in loans that said applicants can get from the government.

Back in the day, we would brag about our 99 PCAT composite scores. The new game is to get admitted with the lowest GPA and PCAT possible.

I think that regardless of your PCAT or GPA Scores, any committee has the right to interview an applicant and decide whether they feel that the individual can be successful in pharmacy. I did not take the PCAT, and have a 3.0 overall Science GPA; 3.67 for prereqs, while majoring in Chemistry for my bachelors and feel pretty confident about being accepted to my program of choice as it fits my situational needs. I also work 30 hours a week on average at a pharmacy and absolutely love what I do. Stating mean comments isn't necessary; practicing empathy and learning to keep mean opinions to yourself is JUST as equally important as having the knowledge to assist a patient. While the pharmacy field has depreciated over time in terms of quality of "who gets into pharmacy schools"; those who love and care for their job will continue providing excellent care; being rude isn't necessary.

All the bragging about getting in with a low GPA and PCAT score only tells how low standards in our profession have fallen. The truth is that pharmacy schools no longer care about the quality of the applicant but more about how how much in loans that said applicants can get from the government.

Back in the day, we would brag about our 99 PCAT composite scores. The new game is to get admitted with the lowest GPA and PCAT possible.

I don't think this guy is necessarily bragging, more just sharing his good news. Maybe those are the same thing.

As far as this new game goes, is it lowest cumulative, or single semester GPA?

Last edited: