I got an interview invite in April!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoLAClippers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
April Fools! Please, it is a joke. Don't get too riled over this :D

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if anyone gets an interview this month, he could post it here :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow......Just WOW!:rolleyes:

Inconceivable!

inconceivable.jpg

hey man, neither NYMC or Drexel ever got back to me... :(

Seriously, and as far as drexel goes it's all their fault my app was completed on the deadline date (in fact I'm pretty sure they completed it post deadline), because the geniuses managed to lose track of my committee letter...my electronically submitted committee letter...wtf?

Oh well.

Adding some cheer to this post.

Drexel: Apr 10 (I didn't get an email. Just found the "schedule interview" link on my status page)

Good luck to everyone still waiting. It is still possible to get interviews!

Drexel: Apr 10 (I didn't get an email. Just found the "schedule interview" link on my status page)

cool! congrats!

I just received a drexel invite by email, and will not be taking it. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a Drexel email this morning. No joke :)

Drexel invite this morning! completed early sept. Weird. But will not be taking it, so good luck to everyone who is waiting for Drexel.

I just got an invite from drexel as well. Might just go for the hell of it, I was interested in the school. I seriously laughed when I opened my email. Even more ridiculous was the letter of completion I received from Loyola two weeks ago when I had everything turned in around Dec.

I just got an invite from drexel as well. Might just go for the hell of it, I was interested in the school. I seriously laughed when I opened my email. Even more ridiculous was the letter of completion I received from Loyola two weeks ago when I had everything turned in around Dec.

Do they send them at the same time to everyone, or does it progress through the day. I was hoping for another interview :(.

i got an invite from drexel this morning as well...declining it also...

Got the email from Meharry this morning. Weird. Not going.

I just received a drexel invite by email, and will not be taking it. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Just got a Drexel email this morning. No joke :)

Drexel invite this morning! completed early sept. Weird. But will not be taking it, so good luck to everyone who is waiting for Drexel.

i got an invite from drexel this morning as well...declining it also...

What are everybody's stats if you don't mind.. or even when were you complete?

i got a drexel invite today. I too will be declining.

I too got an interview invite from Drexel this morning. I'm thinking it's probably for a waitlist spot by this time of year, so maybe I'll decline. It was a nice surprise though.

I'm still being reviewed by nymc (yeah right) so maybe I can still get an interview!

THIS IS A HIJACK BIOTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THE GATORS!!!!!!!!!!! ALL STUDENTS AT UF MAJOR IN BASKET WEAVING AND JENGA!!!!!

SEC SUCKS AND THE BIG 10 IS USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

THIS IS A HIJACK BIOTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE THE GATORS!!!!!!!!!!! ALL STUDENTS AT UF MAJOR IN BASKET WEAVING AND JINGA!!!!!

SEC SUCKS AND THE BIG 12 IS USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The name is Jenga, get it right

I got an interview invite today for Univ of Minn Twin Cities. I'm debating whether I should go. It's a better school than my current acceptance (Cincinnati) ranking wise, but so was OHSU and I didn't like that school one bit. I live in California so it's gonna cost me $400 to fly there. Can someone give me the pros and cons for that school? Can I get instate tuition after a year, if anybody knows?

I have an interview at MSU on Thursday... I dunno, as a CA resident, I think it's pretty cool that they offered me one... Any pointers you guys who've interviewed at MSU can give me??

I have an interview at MSU on Thursday... I dunno, as a CA resident, I think it's pretty cool that they offered me one... Any pointers you guys who've interviewed at MSU can give me??

They are relaxed interviews. Focus on knowing who you are and why do you want to be a doctor. See how well the school fits for you. They are trying to see if you'll be a good fit for them.

I know these comments seem basic but I think it's really applicable for MSU. I interviewed there and was very impressed with their program. I am also from out of state. Good luck!

man, now i really wish i had applied to drexel...

is drexel now interviewin for its waitlist?

They're very chill there. Like someone above me said - they focus on who you are and what you like to do. The thing that I didn't completely enjoy was that they focus on the things in your life other than science and medicine. I had quite a bit, but I have so much volunteering, shadowing, science extracurrics that I wanted to share those, too.

Know that they love diversity, and pressure their students to pursue family medicine. (Random but important things..)

Anyways, good luck!

I got an invite to interview at UC Irvine a couple days ago, and scheduled it for mid-April... not sure if it's for a spot on the waitlist or otherwise, but I'm still going to go...

I just received an interview invitation to Temple an hour ago. I was complete in August! Whoa.

I got an interview invite today for Univ of Minn Twin Cities. I'm debating whether I should go. It's a better school than my current acceptance (Cincinnati) ranking wise, but so was OHSU and I didn't like that school one bit. I live in California so it's gonna cost me $400 to fly there. Can someone give me the pros and cons for that school? Can I get instate tuition after a year, if anybody knows?

Hey winthug, I applied OOS to UMN and got in. I really liked the school, the students I met, etc. I liked that it's part of a big university and that it has a school of public health. The big downside for me is its location in the middle of the country away from all of my family and friends. I haven't ruled it out yet, though. I've never been to Cincinnati, so I can't speak about the city, but Minneapolis seems to be a pretty decent city, though a small one. There's a music scene, some cultural stuff. There's lot of outdoors stuff to do half the year...the other half it's below zero. (It was -16 the day I interviewed.)

In terms of tuition, once OOS, always OOS. But they have 25 scholarships to cover the difference between instate and OOS tuition each year (I don't have my MSAR right here, but I think that's probably a pretty good proportion of all OOS students). They told me I was "nominated" for one of these and I'll hear in early May. In addition, the OOS tuition is pretty cheap (I think ~25k last year), so it still beats private schools, but don't know about Cincinnati.

This thread should be retitled the "Official I got an interview from Drexel" thread.

LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if those people who got interviews from there were IMS/DPMS/MMS students.

USF apparently gives April invites to some of the IMS folk as well as a few to reg. applicants from what I've heard.

But its only for this week or next week as the last week. Don't remember.

Jefferson sent me an interview invite for April 11th. Still hope guys.

Got an invite from UIC yesterday, scheduled for Monday. The only dates it showed were all next week.

Did they indicate how late they were interviewing until?

according to the JMC admissions lady i talked to this morning, april 11 is the last interview day.

got the drexel invite couple days ago, too.

g'luck

Got an invite from Temple yesterday. Scheduled for 4/11
Gluck guys!

Irvine yesterday for 4/26 (I'm assuming their last interview date)

Drexel invite just 2 days ago. goodluck.

hey man, neither NYMC or Drexel ever got back to me... :(

Seriously, and as far as drexel goes it's all their fault my app was completed on the deadline date (in fact I'm pretty sure they completed it post deadline), because the geniuses managed to lose track of my committee letter...my electronically submitted committee letter...wtf?

Oh well.

Drexel never got my August MCAT scores either. After I contacted them, contacted AMCAS, resent my scores, and recontacted them. Who wants to go to such an unorganized school anyway? :mad:

I never heard from them.

Received interview invite today at UCLA-DREW for first week of May. Not going.