I got an interview to UHS!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Docgeorge

Bent Over and Violated
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
WooWhoo! I got an interview to UHS on 11 Dec. My fiance and I still may be able to go to school together!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I have a question though, is it bad form to call and ask to move up the interview date. Thats right in the middle of finals.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats docgeorge!! I'll be there dec. 4th soi'll let you know all the details :)

UHS is a great place to interview...Everyone is so friendly and laid back. Some people get ethical questions. I was lucky, I didn't. I had Dr. Mathews and another female admistrator. It was a very informal, get to know you type of interview. I intervied in early October.

If you are staying overnight, do NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay at the Doubletree. It's an old hotel that isn't worth the $$. There's nothing to do in the area. The Quaterage looked much nicer (and it's cheaper) and there were places to go.

Bring a jacket as you will walk across the street to Century Towers to look at apartments.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info guys. Do any of you know what UHS rotation sites are? They say they have rotations in several states but I was wondering if there was a list of hospitals or something like that.

Hmmm...I don't remember if they give you a list of rotation sites or not. I do know they give you the previous year's match list.

Here's the list of core clerkship sites from the UHS website,http://www.uhs.edu/academics/cce/coresites.asp . Congratulations on the interview! As previous posters have said, it's a really laid back and very little stress. Good luck and hope to see you in August.

The above web site is correct, but also I should mention that UHS is part of a medical system called MEDCON. Be sure to also click on that link which is located in the above site and it will explain what MEDCON is all about. There are several states where you can do your 3rd year rotations. Also keep in mind that it is possible to do your 4th year rotation where you want. This added flexibility will allow you to have a better chance of landing a residency in a location you desire.

Thanks guys. I really appriciate it.

I took the KCI shuttle. I believe it's cheaper than a taxi. It was $27.00 round trip to the DoubleTree.

Originally posted by Doctortobee
UHS is a great place to interview...Everyone is so friendly and laid back. Some people get ethical questions. I was lucky, I didn't. I had Dr. Mathews and another female admistrator. It was a very informal, get to know you type of interview. I intervied in early October.

If you are staying overnight, do NOT, I repeat DO NOT stay at the Doubletree. It's an old hotel that isn't worth the $$. There's nothing to do in the area. The Quaterage looked much nicer (and it's cheaper) and there were places to go.

Bring a jacket as you will walk across the street to Century Towers to look at apartments.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Was the doubletree really that bad? I already made reservations for that hotel.....should I cancel those and go to the holiday inn instead? Were the room really dirty? I was told there is a big shopping mall in Kansas city, do you know where in relations it is to the hotels!? thanks!

I would stay at the Quarterage!! It was a great hotel, and the breakfast buffet was really good. Good luck everybody, and I hope to see you in August. By the way, if you get to interview with Dr. McWhorter, you are in luck!!! He is awesome!!! I interviewed with him september 23rd, and I was completely put at ease the moment I walked into the room!!!

Vanessa

CANCEL your reservation at the Doubletree!!!!!!!...It's nasty. Go to the Quaterage, it looked MUCH nicer. Make sure you call UHS and tell them you changed hotels so they will pick you up at the correct hotel.

when I went to UHS I booked my hotel through priceline.com and ended up getting to stay at the westin crowne center for $55/night. you should definietly give that a try!

UHS will send a van to pick you up from the Doubletree, The Quarterage, or the Holiday Inn that they specified in your interview packet! Use the shuttle, it was great, and you got a chance to meet the people you are going to be in class with. look at all the info they gave you, it specifies everyhting for you.

Vanessa

Does anyone know when you start the early clinical experience.

Thanks guys! I am switching over to Quaterage. Im surprised that everyone is saying Doubletree is all run down, isnt that branch of hotels supposed to be really nice? Oh well!!

Yeah DoubleTrees are supposed to be nice...I stayed in a nice one in Nashville. In KC, I asked for a non-smoking room and they put me in a room that was smoking so I had to switch. In my new room, the lamps had burned out light bulbs and it took them 3 hours to fix them...Oh and the TV remote control was held together with a band aid...Needless to say, I complained!