i got an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALI

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I got my first interview invite from BU!This is the only good news in weeks.
Now I have a problem, should I go to an early regional interview in late october or regular on campus interview around mid november? What is the pro and con of the regional interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the regional interview. If BU is where I want to go I will most likely visit the campus. If I get an interview at Tufts, I might fly down there and do both interviews. I live 150 miles from Vancouver, Canada. I thought it would be more convenient to leave early in the morning and come back the same night.

DesiDentist

I would personally take the earliest possible interview date. In your case, this would be the regional interview.

The downside to the regional interview is that you don't get to visit the campus, see the clincis, survey the town, speak with the students, talk with the patients, feel the vibes from the school, etc.

Plus, if regional is way cheaper for you, then do that. You won't be at a disadvantage by taking the regional interview (they wouldn't offer it to students if it put them at a disadvantage for admission), and the earlier date should help you some. Granted, I believe you are speaking of only a 2 week difference in time.

So, weigh the benefits of visiting the campus vs. saving money by interviewing regionally.

Congrats on the interview! You'll do well! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I just notice something, how come my interview is this late.
Is it because I have average stat? They interview smart people first?

ALI,

well, there might be several reasons behind your interview date. First, perhaps the school (I don't know enough about BU to answer decisively) only inteviews on one or two days a week? That would push back the interviews. Chances are that they've sent out 3-4 weeks of interview offers before yours, which would make the dates in Sept. and most of Oct. already full. Secondly, I wouldn't say that they interview the smart people first, but it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that they try to schedule those applicants with higher scores for interviews sooner in the application cycle. Also, remember that schools are busy with incoming classes, and this sometimes pushes interviews back a little ways.

Whichever interview you choose, you have a wonderful opportunity to make a tremendous impression on the interviewers. Use that to your advantage, regardless of the date!

Hey ALI!!!

I got my BU letter today inviting me to an interview on 10/16!!! I have to admit, I was feeling a little left out when you said you got the letter yesterday, and I hadn't recieved anything from any schools, but today I got the interview, AND a secondary from OHSU. I am so pumped!!!

PS Which regional interview would you go to, ALI?

Hi Portlander
congratulation. Don't feel left out. Your interview date is a lot earlier than mine.
We are all on the same boat now.
I received a few secondairies today. It is going to be a long weekend
I will be going to one at LA october 25-28

good luck on your secondaries and interview

Originally posted by portlander
Hey ALI!!!

...AND a secondary from OHSU.

Oregon Health Sciences University, I assume? Fantastic school -- I was comitted to applying there, but then dropped them from my application list a few days before submitting AADSAS. Good luck there!

Hey Ali. I'm going to a regional one in L.A. also. Maybe I'll see you there.

I too scheduled for the Los Angeles regional interview with BU. It will be on Sunday, October 27. They have not told me the time or specific location however. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Arby