I got in at NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bridgie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My mom at home in NY just got a BIG envelope. That is weird becasue I live in Boston and they mailed the interview invite to me up here but whatever. Anyway, I interviewed the first day and last time I checked the update website had not changed from pending committee decision. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! :) :D ;) :p :cool: :clap: :laugh: :love:

Thanks for telling us what kind of envelope it is too. Geez, I hope they don't send my envelope (thick or thin) to my parents house. They'll rip it open before the mailman gets a chance to pull it out of his mailbag. When was the first interview day? I'm dying to know if I got in or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
10/1 I think was the first or second day. Good Luck! And I jsut confirmd that they dont' update that website.

congrats, bridgie. thanks for the update!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks guys, I didn't post to gloat though, I just wanted people to know becasue I was stressing like everyone else. My parents' house is close to NYMC. So depending on where you live you should hear within two or three days, I think. Unless your mailman smokes crack :)

congratulations, bridgie :hardy:

congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: btw, add your name to the acceptances thread so we all know to expect nymc.

Woot woot! Congrats :)

Originally posted by bridgie
My mom at home in NY just got a BIG envelope. That is weird becasue I live in Boston and they mailed the interview invite to me up here but whatever. Anyway, I interviewed the first day and last time I checked the update website had not changed from pending committee decision. Good luck to everyone!

hey, did you specify for stuff to go to ny or your campus address? i sure hope my decision letter doesn't go all the way to cali to my permanent address cuz that'd take an extra week.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, and like i said, they have mailed everything else up here to Boston. My parents' house is my perm address but boston is my mailing address. Maybe they send it to perm add in Dec becasue of the holiday's? I have no idea. It was weird.

they sent my letter to my parents' house as well.

Originally posted by runner
they sent my letter to my parents' house as well.

congrats! btw, what state is your parents in and when did u interview? also, did your online status check say anything about a decision being sent? thnx.

my parents live in CT about 20 minutes from Valhalla. i had not checked my status in the last week but about a week ago it still read "pending committee decision." i interviewed on their first interview day - october 1st, too.

Bridgie-

Congrats!!! You're gonna be an awesome doctor!! I just know it!! NYMC is one of the top schools in the East!! Way to go!!!

Originally posted by gottabemd
Bridgie-

Congrats!!! You're gonna be an awesome doctor!! I just know it!! NYMC is one of the top schools in the East!! Way to go!!!

can you please post the same thing everytime someone gets in? it would really provide some valuable encouragement for all of us :rolleyes: i can tell you're going to be a great doctor, gottabemd!

sorry for that last post. i guess i, too, am a little ornery today :laugh:

Bridgie-

=====================================

Not to be a playa hata here, but I wouldn't say NYMC is one of the top schools in the east. I would say that it certainly is one of the schools in the east though.

Ok you are all freaking me out now. :) That is a lot of pressure, to be a GREAT doctor. I just hope I don't kill anyone. :) j/k

Perhaps you are confusing NYMC with NYU? :)

actually, i suspect he/she is a troll. i could be wrong though.

Originally posted by walrus
NYMC is one of the top schools in the East!! Way to go!!!

=====================================

Not to be a playa hata here, but I wouldn't say NYMC is one of the top schools in the east. I would say that it certainly is one of the schools in the east though.

ok what have u been smokin

my parents just called me up and i got in to nymc too!!!! hey bridget! my interview date was on Oct 21st. they sent a letter to my parents as well so heads up and good luck to everyone.

Originally posted by kat7
my parents just called me up and i got in to nymc too!!!! hey bridget! my interview date was on Oct 21st. they sent a letter to my parents as well so heads up and good luck to everyone.

congratulations! are u also from one of the new england states?