I GOT INTO CHICAGO!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schubie

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out an hour ago that I was accepted off of the waitlist at the U of C, and I am so happy I can't even believe it. I'm so glad that I found this web site, because it really helped me when I was getting depressed about rejections and waitlists. I hope I can meet a lot of you in the future, because even though I don't post all that often, I'm an active lurker, and I read most posts that are on this board. Also good luck to Pelican Man and USeF about getting into Pritzker. Hopefully, I'll see both of you next fall!

Members don't see this ad.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations Schubie!! :clap: :clap:

Hey congrats Schubie!!!! It is nice to hear a sucess story once in a while, especially when I am still waiting. Congratulations!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!! :clap: :clap: It's nice to hear that some waitlist movement is occurring here and there!!

congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap:
i got my first acceptance yesterday, so i know how you feel. i think the euphoria's gonna last a loooong time!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm sure that I can say all of us U of C waitlistees are excited for you and to hear about movement on the list.

How did you hear and are you in-state? I haven't been home all day, and I'm tempted to just jet out of my Biochem. Lab and check all of my modes of communication.

Again, congratulations, good luck, and hopefully, I'll be able to post soon as well.

U DA MAN, Schubie!
congrats on getting in, buddy. Thanx for the moral support for me and the other Floridian.

This is really good news to know they are starting to pull off the list. When I spoke to Sylvia (asst. dean of admissions) yesterday she told me that I was going to get a letter to confirm my spot on the 'contracted waitlist' DId you already get that and send it back before getting that acceptance? Or did you only have the waitlist post-interview?

Also interested in your undergrad and scores, if you dont mind.
CONGRATS again! :clap:

congrats!! it's great to see some waitlist start to move! :clap: :clap: :D

CONGRATS, I look forward to seeing you in september!

Congratulations! :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

I hope the other SDNers on the waitlist get the same good news!

USeF, I got that letter in the mail a couple of days ago, but I hadn't sent my E-mail back yet. Sylvia left a message on my cell phone asking me to call her back, and I finally got ahold of her today. She then told me that I was being offered a spot at the school, and then I flipped out with excitement. I think they made a certain number of initial offers directly off of the waitlist, and then they will go based on how much it moves. Good Luck! I'm hoping that you get in! BTW, I went to the University of Washington in Seattle and I had a 3.60 GPA with a 30 MCAT.

:clap: big props yo :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Schubie, a while back we exchanged PMs. I am really really glad that things worked out for you. At Pritzker, no less!!! Congratulations!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

YAY!!!!

see you there in september!

yay!!! congratulations! :clap: :clap:

it's so good to see happy people on this site... :)

congradualtions schrubie.

I am kinda pissed not at you but sylvia today told me that they are not going to be pulling people off the waitlist until June.

What a ****? Why do they lie to me?

Don't want to take away from your glory.

I hope to be your classmate.

Congrats Schubie!!! It's a great thing knowing you will be able to attend medical school at a place you'll know where you know you'll be happy...this 'ish is stressful enough. I went to UC for undergrad and it treated me well...good luck to you!
I am mailing my letter of withdrawl today and I actually attached a little note to it telling them they have to give my spot to the pelicanman...I've never seen anyone so persistent...dude, I'm praying for you. It'll all work out in the end, you deserve it
peace

Pelican Man,
You should call Sylvia and talk to her about your application and what you can do to improve it. Maybe you could set a specific appointment to talk to her on the phone or to actually visit her. I flew out to Chicago two weeks ago, and she told me that I needed to write a letter that talked about a couple of questions that the admissions committee still had about me. I wrote the letter, and when I got in, she told me that it made a huge difference in their decision. Also, I think my persistence helped. I also talked to Dr. Lombard a couple of times on the phone, and I wrote another letter telling them just how much I loved Pritzker and that I would do anything to get in. I wanted them to think I was a real person, and not just some name on a sheet of paper, and I have to think that approach worked. Good Luck! I really hope you get in because you want it so much. Also, thanks for the props everyone, I really appreciate it.

Pelicanman,
I wouldn't concentrate my efforts to get in just with Sylvia Roberts, she's a great person that can definitely help you out but don't put all your eggs in one basket...I would hit up Dr. lombard as well, he's such a genuine person and goes out of his way to help pre-med students at the U of C...he was actually my bio teacher and let's just say he saved my ass spring quarter of my freshman year when the weather got a little nice and I forgot where the library was :wink:

I really agree with esco about Dr. Lombard! Pelican Man, if you have the chance to talk to him, you definetely should. I had talked with him a couple of times on the phone, and he was the one who told me to call Sylvia about improving my application. He is a really great guy, and he understands what we're going through because he got into Pritzker off of the waitlist himself.

WOWEE! Congrats dude/tte...
I'm happy for ya! It's great to hear that the waitlist movement has begun for Chicago...however, from what Pelicanman said, it sounds a little weird that they
told him not until June. Hopefully I'll be in your shoes soon......... right coop?

I just sent sylvia an update e-mail, actually...I hope that wasn't a bad move. :)

good luck to all the other wait-listees!

nylee :wink:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by PelicanMan:
•congradualtions schrubie.

I am kinda pissed not at you but sylvia today told me that they are not going to be pulling people off the waitlist until June.

What a ****? Why do they lie to me?

Don't want to take away from your glory.

I hope to be your classmate.•••••Pelican, while I feel for you, sylvia didn't technically lie to you... Remember there was an alternate pool that got shortened to a waitlist.... well a few people got rejected and a few people, like Schubie, got accepted before they finalized the waitlist. So he/she got in from the alternate pool, when sylvia says this, I bet she means any movement from the now established waitlist... It's a technicality i know.

GOOD luck to pelican, nylee, usef, W, et al. We can have a big SDN reunion at pritzker this fall.