I got into dental school... now how do I STAY in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ten1212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already been accepted to a dental school but I was wondering what sort of grades do i have to maintain to keep my spot? Do i have to maintain a certain GPA, or can i just pass the classes? Or is it different for every school. Is there anything set in writing about the exact requirements to stay in a school?

Members don't see this ad.

if i remember right..most schools want you to just pass...but it'd be helpful to stay in top form. Just continue to approach your classes the way you did when you were trying to get into dental school. Better safe than sorry. Best of luck and congrats on your acceptance.

This might be a bunch of crap but I remember hearing stories of a guy who had his acceptance revoked because he got a C or something in an "important" class like Organic Chemistry or something. However, I don't know the dude, the school or anything else about this grapevine story. Like I say, it could just be crap, but it might be true. I think this is the dumbest post I've ever written.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pacific's guildeline is to keep everything at a B or better.

Rule of thumb :thumbup: ... I'd assume that the other schools are similar to that... even if they don't explicitly say it.

Congrats :)

give me a break!!! There are people that get accepted every year at Pacific that don't even have a "B" average. Just get a C or better in the prereqs and you will be good to go!!

depends on the school...I think an acceptance from Temple means accepted no matter what. I would try to maintain at least a 3.0+ average. (That is not hard in undergrad)

give me a break!!! There are people that get accepted every year at Pacific that don't even have a "B" average. Just get a C or better in the prereqs and you will be good to go!!

i guess u're right dirtie. it is indeed a private school so there are bound to be students who get their way in via connections. better to be safe than sorry though ;).

if you have been accepted then maintain your grades. however when you get into dental school then try your hardest to be in the top of your class... even if you don't want to specialize.... you might change your mind and you want that option open in the future