I Got Into Gwu!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email this morning from the assistant dean of admission asking me to call her!!

They don't ask you to call them to reject you!!
OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email this morning from the assistant dean of admission asking me to call her!!

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
can't wait to say the same thing myself!

Members don't see this ad :)
What time did they send you the e-mail?! When did you interview!

You're so lucky! congrats again!:D

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

Congrats!!

I didn't get any email or phone call. I guess that means I'm not accepted.

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

Congrats!!!!! :D

hlchess - don't give up! there are only so many people to make phone calls so it could take a few hours!!!

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

congratulations! i'm sure it's a major load off your mind. get yourself a winter coat and get excited!

Congrats to you!!! I love GW!!!!!!! :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) Hope to see you in a couple of years as my fellow colleague... Goood Luck!!!!!!!!!!:D

congrats angel, wasn't GW your top choice? are you withdrawing/cancelling applications/interviews at other schools?

Whoa, GW actually accepts people! ;)

I've known a lot of amazing applicants who have gotten put on their "eternal hold," and I've always wondered how the heck their admissions process works. I'm glad to see it works favorably for some people.

Seriously though, congrats! :thumbup:

Congrats, future classmate!

Woo! GWU 2011! (I'm 99% sure I'll be there with you if it's also your first choice!)

Congrats!! Enjoy the feeling :D and go celebrate!!!!! :D

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited.

The email was sent by the assistant dean this morning at 635 PST. I called her back at 915, and she returned my call at 930 to tell me congratulations!

I interviewed early - 9/12.

I have an interview in two days at NYMC that I'm definitely going to, since GW is the only one I've been too I'm a little worried I just got really excited cuz it was my first - but I doubt it. But I'm still going to the two interviews I have this month but will be dropping all applications to other schools on the east coast. Keeping the ones in Cali just for financial reasons - its just cheaper for me and I need that to be an option when May 15th comes around and I have to finalize my decision.

Again thanks everyone! And goodluck to everyone else!

CONGRATS! i went to GW undergrad and loved it. whats so great about GW med is its location. the metro stop is crawling distance to the med school building. also u are 2 blocks from the undergrad gym and eateries. winter is not that bad. man i miss DC...

CONGRATS! i went to GW undergrad and loved it. whats so great about GW med is its location. the metro stop is crawling distance to the med school building. also u are 2 blocks from the undergrad gym and eateries. winter is not that bad. man i miss DC...

LOL @ "crawling distance." :laugh:

Hey congrats! That's awesome news. I'm really happy for you. :)

Congratulations! You're on your way:)

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

If everyone on SDN created a thread saying that they got accepted, then the website would stop working. Why did you make a new thread dedicated to you being accepted? Can't you put it in the officla thread? Congrats, but learn some humility.

If everyone on SDN created a thread saying that they got accepted, then the website would stop working. Why did you make a new thread dedicated to you being accepted? Can't you put it in the officla thread? Congrats, but learn some humility.

Ohhh, don't be so mean. We're all going to be excited when we get our first acceptance. We should be happy for each other!

Congratulations, enjoy the rest of your year.

Congrats!!! You can make as many threads as you want!!!!!! Congrats on GW!!!!! I love GW!!!!!!!!

:love:

booo!

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

Congratulations! Now you can be really chilled on that NYMC interview too.:D
Great news!

I did my graduate work at GW and taught in the medical school too. I really miss DC. You are going to love it there.

Valhalla is nice too!!

OMG!!!

I'm gonna be a doctor!

CONGRATS! :thumbup:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I love DC and would absolutely love to go to school there too:)

And by the way, you look great in that red dress! Don't worry, be happy! And keep that edge that covers up your soft side.

Searun

And by the way, you look great in that red dress! Don't worry, be happy! And keep that edge that covers up your soft side.

Searun
Haha. Aww. Thanks!

Wow...you should honestly take some of your own advice! You parade around on here on your high horse looking for a reason to challenge someone.

How about you bow down (for now) and show some respect...Hey maybe you should watch the beginning of Lion King, when all the other animals bow before Simba's family, for guidance as to how you should respond to alwaysaangels announcement.

bradford_exchange_lion_king_with_box_P0000013020S0001T2.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hardy:

How long from the interview date to the acceptance?

how do you figure out whether you're put on hold online? or do you just have to call?

hey for all of those GW acceptees or GW hopefuls, I just posted a class thread for the GWU Class of 2011 in the allo section!

:luck:
:love:
--minijoy