I got into Harvard medical school with a 26 on my MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DentistryAfteMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewed last month, got acceptance letter today! I can't believe it! I am one happy Chinese girl!

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting first post. Are you going to Dentistry school after your MD at Harvard?

Thanks! Yes, I am quite happy with my acceptance into Harvard medical school. I guess I was very lucky!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome -- how did you manage to get your acceptance early (you know, being that they don't release decisions until March and all)?

Don't forget the MBA and law degree.

I didn't need an MBA or a law degree. I just mentioned in my personal essays that I help out a Chinese community once a month, and they asked me about that at the interview, and they were pleased! I guess it's all about helping out the Asian community!

Interviewed last month, got acceptance letter today! I can't believe it! I am one happy Chinese girl!

:bow:

:highfive:

Wooohoooo, I am so happy for you troll. Harvard isn't even done interviewing yet, and nobody will know any final decisions until March. You must be one special Chinese girl!

Awesome -- how did you manage to get your acceptance early (you know, being that they don't release decisions until March and all)?

Thanks! It wasn't an official acceptance, first someone from the admissions committee called me, and then I got the letter in the mail today! It is conditional, meaning I still have to get my bachelor's degree - which is in Chinese/Japanese. They were real happy that I could speak those two languages!

I didn't need an MBA or a law degree. I just mentioned in my personal essays that I help out a Chinese community once a month, and they asked me about that at the interview, and they were pleased! I guess it's all about helping out the Asian community!

No way! I used to volunteer in an ER once a week and since the schools never expected to see such a great thing from an applicant, I got accepted into a schoo too! I guess it is all about helping hospitals too! :D

No way! I used to volunteer in an ER once a week and since the schools never expected to see such a great thing from an applicant, I got accepted into a schoo too! I guess it is all about helping hospitals too! :D

Wow! So many great stories! It's pretty amazing. Just yesterday, Yale and OHSU both sent me acceptance letters and I haven't even interviewed at them yet. Yale said that if I accept before March 31 and drop all of my other acceptances, they'll give me a Full Ride plus $3600/month stipend and a $35,000 signing bonus. Take that HPSP!

Apparently, the fact that I have done so much for the Latino community's health and wellness despite being a white/native american male made me a perfect applicant. I haven't heard back from Harvard yet, but I'm not too worried. I didn't apply there, but I'm sure an acceptance letter is on its way to my house right now.

Reactions: 1 users
Grats everyone!
Just this morning, an ivory-coated chariot sent for me and took me right from my apartment to Princeton medical school (brand new this year) - had a buffet, but I wasn't hungry.
Anyway, conditional acceptance upon that I continue to help the French community here in southern Oregon.
One lucky middle-class, white male!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No way! I got the same thing! I applied to HYP and they all offered me unconditional and I didn't even do anything yet :)

Decisions decision! :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
On a more serious note, I wonder if anyone has ever been accepted to Harvard with a 26? Does anyone happen to have an MSAR that listed the full range of scores...

OP, these Chinese with low MCAT threads are just not funny. Try harder.

sharkderpdurrhurr.jpg

Since he has such high ambitions, they went ahead and gave him his decision. :D

On a more serious note, I wonder if anyone has ever been accepted to Harvard with a 26? Does anyone happen to have an MSAR that listed the full range of scores...

The MSAR (as far as I know) doesn't list complete scores, just the 10th-90th percentiles. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they accepted someone with a 26 at one point.

The MSAR (as far as I know) doesn't list complete scores, just the 10th-90th percentiles. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they accepted someone with a 26 at one point.

How the hell would this be accomplished? Saving the world?

How the hell would this be accomplished? Saving the world?

My best guess is that the individual would have some serious leadership ECs - part of their mission statement is to recruit future leaders.

yes. the 26 mcat harvard matriculant is the reason for the mayans' and harold camping's failed predictions.

Be careful with that.....we won't know for sure about the Mayans' prediction until December 21st.

A friend of mine got in with a 29. His research basically got him in there.

I got into harvard without even applying there. They saw my 28 MCAT somehow and offered me a spot plus full tuition.

A friend of mine got in with a 29. His research basically got him in there.

Instead of research, I just volunteered at the Chinese church and the pastor wrote me a very good recommendation letter! I think that is what really helped! I am one happy Chinese girl!

Instead of research, I just volunteered at the Chinese church and the pastor wrote me a very good recommendation letter! I think that is what really helped! I am one happy Chinese girl!

I am one happy Chinese girl!

Will you stop saying that each time you post. :rolleyes:

But if I got into Harvard two months early on a 26 MCAT, I'd be a happy Chinese girl too and I'm not even a girl. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah, I just use the bootleg Excel one I picked up from SDN a few years ago. Didn't know if the real one has the exact ranges?

Will you stop saying that each time you post. :rolleyes:
Don't pick on others' fetish please.

Status
Not open for further replies.