I got into Midwestern-Downer's Grove!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dawgg912

jbhnguyen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Midwestern-Downer's Grove Chicago called me today and told me I was accepted into their program! I've decided to cancel my interview with Midwestern-Glendale and the only thing left to do is go to my Shenandoah interview Dec 9 and decide from there! I knew it was gonna be a great year!

-James

Members don't see this ad.

dawgg912 said:
Woo hoo! Midwestern-Downer's Grove Chicago called me today and told me I was accepted into their program! I've decided to cancel my interview with Midwestern-Glendale and the only thing left to do is go to my Shenandoah interview Dec 9 and decide from there! I knew it was gonna be a great year!

-James

How exciting! Congrats! :)

dawgg912 said:

-James

Congratulations- You must feel on top of the world right now! Have a great time celebrating!

Stephie

Members don't see this ad :)
Smilescali said:
How exciting! Congrats! :)

Congrats!! That's great news :thumbup: What was the interview at Downer's Grove like?

:thumbup: GO YOU! :thumbup:

Is it weird that they called you to tell you? I've never heard of schools doing that before! I'd probably freak out on the phone and scare the hell outta whoever is on the other line... :laugh:

Yeah, they called me and when i saw illinois on my caller ID, my heart started pounding and i started shaking and then thought, " they wouldnt call me on my cell phone to tell me that I got rejected" and then she told me I was accepted but I swear it took her like so long to get to the point....haha like the world stopped and she was just talking blah blah blah.......and then "you're accepted" ahah....the "mandatory cadidate visit" was really casual. We wrote a 30 minute essay, the dean talked to us, then we split the group in two and the admissions counselor went around asking us why we wanted to become pharmacists, followed by a financial aid presentation, and an optional campus tour. The thing is, it didnt seem like anyone was taking notes during the "breakout session" so I'm thinking I flew all the way from Cali to prove to them I can write and that I'm serious about the program. Either that or they were looking for candidates that would really stick out to them during the "breakout session".

i got in too!!! When did you go? The Nov 7th visit?

yeah, the nov 7th visit... I was the only asian guy there!

I was there too! Did you go to UCLA? I think I was in your 'group' for the Q&A portion. I think I remember you.

yeah, I went to UCLA, so which one were you?

so exciting! :thumbup: KUDOS to you!!!

dawgg912 said:
yeah, I went to UCLA, so which one were you?

I was the girl from San Diego. I think I was sitting next to you...

SuperTech said:
I was the girl from San Diego. I think I was sitting next to you...

oh wowsers...your filipino right? awesome...so are you gonna go to midwestern-downer's grove for sure? I'm gonna go to my shenandoah interview and then decide....

dawgg912 said:

-James

I'm so happy for you!! Now go out and celebrate! YAAAAAAH!

Sigh*, I won't be taking the PCATs until Jan. 2006. I wonder if they even consider those without PCAT scores yet... :scared:

congrats on your acceptance to downer's grove. i had an mcv scheduled also but have postponed it. i really want to get into glendale. again congrats... it will be a good year!!!

dawgg912 said:
oh wowsers...your filipino right? awesome...so are you gonna go to midwestern-downer's grove for sure? I'm gonna go to my shenandoah interview and then decide....

Yeah I'm Filipino...I probably wont go there. I was leaning more towards Shenandoah.. Class size is way smaller compared to MWU-CCP. I still dont know about Touro...

yeah, I remember u supertech! My first choice is shenandoah too! I still gotta go to their interview though! I have a friend there that's a p1. Plus VA weather is a little better than IL weather. Plus Chicago is flat and has no mountains nearby. VA has mountains I can snowboard on. I heard theres a good sized Vietnamese population in VA so I can go eat Vietnamese food and not be so homesick... so everything right now says Shenandoah but I gotta get accepted first! and thanks everybody for posting and sharing in my joy!

The interview feedback really helped me. Apparently, SU asks pretty much the same questions so they're fair to each student... The school is kinda far from everything else but I see it as a pro rather than a con since its a great environment for studying... The interview itself was really laid back. The teacher and the student that I interviewed with were really friendly... Good luck and maybe I'll see you there next fall...

SuperTech said:
The interview feedback really helped me. Apparently, SU asks pretty much the same questions so they're fair to each student... The school is kinda far from everything else but I see it as a pro rather than a con since its a great environment for studying... The interview itself was really laid back. The teacher and the student that I interviewed with were really friendly... Good luck and maybe I'll see you there next fall...

Who did you interview with? I had Dr. Newton! I can't wait to start at Shenandoah in the Fall... it's a beautiful school on a beautiful campus in a beautiful part of the country.
I love that it's secluded and serene but close to Washington, DC which is such a cool city!

ndearwater said:
Who did you interview with? I had Dr. Newton! I can't wait to start at Shenandoah in the Fall... it's a beautiful school on a beautiful campus in a beautiful part of the country.
I love that it's secluded and serene but close to Washington, DC which is such a cool city!

I had Dr Kidd and Neetha as the student... They were so nice... I'm so excited to start school too!!! ... I still have to figure out how the heck I'm going to move all my stuff! By the way, did you finally receive the official letter??? I just sent my deposit today and had to do priority mail to make sure they receive it by monday (I lagged). FutureRxGal has been really helpful getting me phone #'s for apartments and what not...

SuperTech said:
I had Dr Kidd and Neetha as the student... They were so nice... I'm so excited to start school too!!! ... I still have to figure out how the heck I'm going to move all my stuff! By the way, did you finally receive the official letter??? I just sent my deposit today and had to do priority mail to make sure they receive it by monday (I lagged). FutureRxGal has been really helpful getting me phone #'s for apartments and what not...

Neetha is awesome! She's so nice. :) She's also very involved, so she serves kinda as my role model..haha. ;) (Sorry to hijack your thread, dawgg912. Congrats, btw. :))