I got into NYU!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PGL

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an acceptance email from NYU! I'm so psyched!! For those who are waiting to hear from them -- I interviewed on 11/5 =)

Members don't see this ad.

md or md/phd??

i didnt think MD notifications went out until after January...

Members don't see this ad :)
woot! woot! congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks guys!! It was for MD, not MD/phD.

that's great!! :)

CONGRATS!!! :clap: :clap:
and welcome to SDN ;)

I also interviewed there on 11/5. I have yet to hear anything but I hope that you made the date a lucky one.

All the best

PGL- That's awesome. I'm so happy for you! You're going to be a terrific physician, I just know it! You earned it!!

I was too excited and forgot to mention that I am new to SDN :) Thanks for the warm welcome Dark Child...and congrats on Cornell (I know it's old news hehe)!

Congrats PGL! :clap:

I got the same message this morning too!

NOTE: I am not new to SDN... I have been on here for a long time. But last week, because of server problems, my account got deleted!!! So I had to re-register and start over again :( It's quite sad... I was above 100 posts too. At least a NYU acceptance makes up for part of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello VirtuoJ! Congrats to you too!! Actually I wouldn't consider myself entirely new to SDN either...cuz I've been reading posts for a long time..but finally, it struck me a few weeks ago -- why not post? :)

congrats VirtuoJ and PGL! :clap: :clap:

Wow, congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats guys! has anyone else heard? I interviewed on 11/21 so I guess they haven't gotten to me yet.

:clap: :clap: Congrats!!! :clap: :clap: I can only dream of going NYU...

CONGRATS!!! Thats awesome!!! NYU seems like such a great school and the location is unbeatable! Hope you have many more acceptances to come!

Wow! SDNers are so nice -- thanks all!! :) Uniqueseraph, keep your hopes up -- I dreamed about getting into NYU too...and then it came true!

I just got an email too!!!!

Maybe we'll end up being classmates!

I interviewed on 11/5 or 11/6--the first Monday of November.

Wahooo!

Originally posted by PGL
I just got an acceptance email from NYU! I'm so psyched!! For those who are waiting to hear from them -- I interviewed on 11/5 =)

if you dont mind me asking, what was your stats???
i need something to compare to

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu weeet!

For those of you who are waiting to hear, I just the email acceptance from NYU as well. It's my first acceptance. Feels pretty good (especially after seeing DMB and James Brown in NYC this weekend). :)

I interviewed on 11/21. Stats: 39R, Cum 3.85, BCPM 3.95

Later

congrats to PGL, arsh, virtuo J, wannabedoc81!!:clap:

I also got the same email this morning!!! :)

i interviewed on 11/13.
i have high mcats but my gpa is only 3.7 overall, 3.5 science, so have hope!!

Originally posted by mvervaine
congrats to PGL, arsh, virtuo J, wannabedoc81!!:clap:

I also got the same email this morning!!! :)

i interviewed on 11/13.
i have high mcats but my gpa is only 3.7 overall, 3.5 science, so have hope!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thanks d-dubs! must be the good luck you brought me :)

congrats....do ur happy dance now :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi everyone - thats really great news :) congrats

I got the same email this morning too!

maybe we'll be classmates...

i was there on the 11/12 or 11/13 i think

my interview wasn't that great (or so I thought) - after 7 minutes the guy was like "do you have any ?'s for me?" - i was surprised and said "No, i love this school - Don't you have anymore for me?"
him: looks at my stuff - "No, I know all I need to, I've been doing this for a long time"
me: gulp , ahhhhhh he hates me

i guess he didn't hate me as much as I thought

i've been singing "New YOrk ...new york" from the muscial all morning + will be celebrating w/ some manhattans and cosmos 2nite! I hope you'll all do the same

Hoody hoo ya'll. I got mine in the mail today (I'm a bit confused about why some kids got emails and some got letters, but all's well that ends well).

Congrats to all; an amazing holiday gift (although *my* gift-giving holiday was over weeks ago).

------
If anyone should think he has solved the problem of life and feel like telling himself that everything is quite easy now, he can see that he is wrong just by recalling that there was a time when this 'solution' had not been discovered; but it must have been possible to live <i>then</i> too and the solution which has now been discovered seems fortuitous in relation to how things were then. - Ludwig Wittgenstein