I got into Oregon - Yeah!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REAL DOC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I received an acceptance offer from OHSU yesterday and am very excited because I absolutely loved the school. Anyone else hear from them or planning on attending? Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

No, but I'll be strolling past you - I work in a lab in the school of medicine. It's rad. I'll show you all the things to do there if you don't already know. Snowboarding, fishing, sandboarding, clamming, pottery, big music scene, hiking, canoeing, skating, an awesome night life and a coffee shop on every corner. I'm a big fan.

Caboose.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on the acceptance i will most probably be joining you this fall

:thumbup: Congrats!

Last edited:
congrats on the acceptance i will most probably be joining you this fall

So what did you think about the school? What impressed you most?

I am very impressed with the early clinical focus and the sweet class schedule. I also thought the campus was great.

Hey there, congrats on the acceptance.
May I ask when you interviewed? I interviewed there early December. I think they said 4-6 weeks for some sort of response.
Thanks

So what did you think about the school? What impressed you most?

I am very impressed with the early clinical focus and the sweet class schedule. I also thought the campus was great.

What was it about the class schedule that impressed you? If I remember correctly it didn't seem all that different from other school's

Congrats! Mr Orthonut will pull you out of the ditch and tow you home if you wreck on the frozen tundra after a day's boarding/skiing :)

If I remember correctly it didn't seem all that different from other school's

It's like this:

6am Intro to surfing wetlab
8am Anatomy lecture
10am Intro to snowboarding wetlab
12-1 lunch at the ZigZag Inn
1pm Embryo
3pm Intro to High Desert Hiking/Oregon Trail Artifacts (lecture)
5pm Histo

;)

Hey there, congrats on the acceptance.
May I ask when you interviewed? I interviewed there early December. I think they said 4-6 weeks for some sort of response.
Thanks

I interviewed on 12/6/06 and my letter was dated 1/9/07. Did you interview on that day? They did say that you could hear within 4-6 weeks, but it all just depends on where your score puts you. The give you an overall score (Interview and EC's = 80%, MCAT and GPA = 20%) and if your score is within the accept range when the committee meets you are in. You have the potential to move up the list each week I think. Good luck with everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats REAL DOC. Goodluck with everything!

What was it about the class schedule that impressed you? If I remember correctly it didn't seem all that different from other school's

You only have class til about noon every day, so you have time to study at home for the rest.

lucky you! congratulations again!

I'm still waiting for OHSU to get back to me. I interviewed there mid december and am still waiting to hear back. Word is that the 4-6 weeks estimated reply time has elongated to 7-8.... Congrats to those who have gotten in.

I am interviewing at the very end of this month. Unfortunately the invite to interview came when I was away and I was not able to schedule it until most spots were filled. I hope it is not too late...

congrats!
i'm interviewing there in about a week and a half. how are the interviews run? any suggestions?

bring something to do/read because you might be waiting several hours between your interviews. your interviewers are really familiar with your apps, so make sure you review what you wrote. Good luck

Congrats! I hope to join you as well!

I also liked OHSU. Not sure if I'll be going there, but it is high on the list.

Nice job on the acceptance! I have a friend who goes there now and she enjoys it.

SF

Havent turned it in yet - do you think it is too late now?

Congrats! I interviewed mid-Nov and still no word. Maybe I'll leave the mailperson a note with my work schedule and phone number so they can call me when it arrives. HAHA j/k... I'm waiting until next week for that!