I Got Into Utsw!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndi_amaka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OHMYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! God is good!

I got into UTSw in Dallas. My parents got the letter in the mail just now and called me....

I thot they weren't going to send it out til after the match but apparently the post office delivers early.

Members don't see this ad.

wow congrats...

tho i think someone messed up at the post office...;)

congratulations! UTSW is definitely not a TTT! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh yes by the way...

it is true. God is good. :laugh:

congratulations!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It is such an amazing school.

congratulations... i envy you right now. utsw is my first choice. i feel like going home and checking the mail. oh the agony!!!:p

Originally posted by ndi_amaka
OHMYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! God is good!

I got into UTSw in Dallas. My parents got the letter in the mail just now and called me....

I thot they weren't going to send it out til after the match but apparently the post office delivers early.
you should be the one to start a new thread "official acceptance for the 2004 Texas match!!!!" sounds good!. where in texas do you live....since you got your letter so soon?

Originally posted by nykka3
you should be the one to start a new thread "official acceptance for the 2004 Texas match!!!!" sounds good!. where in texas do you live....since you got your letter so soon?

Thanks so much all of you for the well wishes.

I go to school in Austin, Tx. But my family resides in Mesquite Tx which is a suburb of Dallas. My parents got the letter.

I'm still absorbing the shock. Thank goodness it's Saturday and I have weekend minutes. :D

How much is UTSW again? $5.00 and some change? :hardy:

Damn I wish my state school was that cheap. One year here can pay for 4 years there and then some. +pity+

Originally posted by nykka3
congratulations... i envy you right now. utsw is my first choice. i feel like going home and checking the mail. oh the agony!!!:p

Hopefully we'll be classmates!!!

would you mind telling us all the dates on teh top of your app online...the last update, action nonsense

also, are your results listed online yet? thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by dookbloo
would you mind telling us all the dates on teh top of your app online...the last update, action nonsense

also, are your results listed online yet? thanks.

My update and stuff didn't change like alot of others. My last update was 1/15 when i ranked my schools. And the UTSW hasn't shown up online. But my Mom is reading me every single detail of my acceptance letter right now! :)

This sucks...... I had no one to celebrate with last Sept. when I got in EDP. The match seems like fun :)

So, I want to go to UT Southwestern, KU, or Baylor...

What do you guys think my chances are?

3.6 GPA
3.5 Sc. GPA
34 MCAT

Extra Curriculars
-1 year Resident Assitant at University Residence Hall
-2 years Medicinal Chemistry Researcher (Cancer Research & Organic -Synthesis)
-1.5 years Biological Cancer Research at Pharmaceutical Company
-1 year as College Algebra Teacher for an entire class room.
-200+ Hours of Science Tutoring
-TA Organic Chemistry
-No More Deaths (No Mas muertes) program in Mexico providing medical care to people who've been captured by border patrol, beaten up, and returned to Mexico.
-4 week trip building houses in the interior of Mexico.
-Spanish to english medical Translator for a local pregnant hispanic women for several medical visits, checkups, and delivery.
-100+ Hours Volunteering at Concession Stand for Speech & Language Hearing department to raise money for hearing aids for kids in Guatemala.

facepalm_statue.jpg

GO HERE

So, I want to go to UT Southwestern, KU, or Baylor...

What do you guys think my chances are?

3.6 GPA
3.5 Sc. GPA
34 MCAT

Extra Curriculars
-1 year Resident Assitant at University Residence Hall
-2 years Medicinal Chemistry Researcher (Cancer Research & Organic -Synthesis)
-1.5 years Biological Cancer Research at Pharmaceutical Company
-1 year as College Algebra Teacher for an entire class room.
-200+ Hours of Science Tutoring
-TA Organic Chemistry
-No More Deaths (No Mas muertes) program in Mexico providing medical care to people who've been captured by border patrol, beaten up, and returned to Mexico.
-4 week trip building houses in the interior of Mexico.
-Spanish to english medical Translator for a local pregnant hispanic women for several medical visits, checkups, and delivery.
-100+ Hours Volunteering at Concession Stand for Speech & Language Hearing department to raise money for hearing aids for kids in Guatemala.
you do realize this was from 2004? these people are probably long gone.

Nice job on that acceptance! Congrats:banana:

The OPs are residents/ MSIV...