I got my first interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_dre

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HOLY $HIT!!!

TExas here i come!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I call bluff

already??
are u an early decision applicant?

anyhow, congrats!!

the school is in houston

Ae schools scheduling interviews already? Wow. I thought most didn't start until Aug or Sept at the earliest, unless the OP is an ED applicant, in which case I have no insight.

strawberryfield said:
Ae schools scheduling interviews already? Wow. I thought most didn't start until Aug or Sept at the earliest, unless the OP is an ED applicant, in which case I have no insight.

It looks like UTH had their first interviews in mid-august last year... but i've also heard that the UT schools are notorious for only giving a couple of weeks notice before interviews.... so i'll bet he's trolling.

MCAT, GPA??

nonono

this is for an INTERNSHIP position for next fall. I'll be working in the hospital as a student intern, I guess I should have stated that in the original post.

lol. I guess it made some paranoid premeds sweat a bit!

dr_dre said:
MCAT, GPA??

nonono

this is for an INTERNSHIP position for next fall. I'll be working in the hospital as a student intern, I guess I should have stated that in the original post.

"If you're going to jack off, do it at home with a wet towel."
-Robin Williams

Schaden Freud said:
"If you're going to jack off, do it at home with a wet towel."
-Robin Williams
what, did i scare you?

dr_dre said:
MCAT, GPA??

nonono

*Lights dim, ringmaster emerges and takes center stage*

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... step right up...feast your eyes on this... the wonder... the excitement... the SDN troll."

:p

I second. (The bluff, that is)

QUOTE=Y_Marker]I call bluff[/QUOTE]

dr_dre said:
what, did i scare you?

Yes everyone was very scared. Most everyone withdrew their AMCAS applications because they knew with a candidate such as you getting such an early interview surely the rest of us would have no chance.

Just to give everyone a heads up.....

Texas schools are slightly different and I don't know how they work, but for AMCAS schools secondaries don't go out until right after 4th of July. Last year it was July 6th that AMCAS schools were first allowed access to your applications.

REL, if you are available and know the exact date for this year would you mind telling this year's applicants too??

I'm pretty sure though that a good guess would be between the 5th and 7th as being the first day you guys will receive secondaries. That is next week.

Some EDP programs like NJMS will have interview dates like as early as August or late July (I don't remember the specifics from last year).

Others will have it in early September like USF.

Schools like Vandy started interviewing last year in August some time.

So interview invites may go out as early as late July or late as early September for the first interview cycles at various schools.

dr_dre said:
MCAT, GPA??

nonono

How did you find out about that internship. I am a Junior at UH despiratly needing more research/ patient experience. Is there a website?

don't all be haters.

It was just a little joke :)

The internship was posted online. I looked through all those websites that post jobs basically by searching through Yahoo.

I didn't really take it seriously b/c it wasn't a high-scale webpage but I talked to my prof and he said he actually worked with the same prof as an undergrad.

If I remember correctly it was posted as a Job not as an internship at erecruiting.com

DoctorPardi said:
Yes everyone was very scared. Most everyone withdrew their AMCAS applications because they knew with a candidate such as you getting such an early interview surely the rest of us would have no chance.

Withdrawing as I write this. No way do I have a chance... :D