I got off the waitlist?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldman

Senior Citizen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been waitlisted at Wake Forest since I interviewed there in November. Their original letter told me to write them a letter to show interest, which I never did. Today I got a thin envelope. I thought it would be a rejection, instead it was an acceptance letter! It's a nice suprise to get. Now I need Duke to do the same thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, way to go, oldman! Or, Dr. Oldman! :)

Let me be the first to congratulate you! And we can comisserate together about Duke. :wink:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, congratulations (future) Doctor.

Good luck with Duke, and hey, be glad you've got one! As for me, back to studying for MCAT's

•••quote:•••Originally posted by C U in MD school:
•congrats!!! is this ur first choice?•••••duke is my #1 choice. though this one is just down the road.

i think my #2 choice right now is U of MN cause ...well I'm from MN! plus it'll be cheaper...i'll see what wake will give money-wise (and i'm not just talking about giving me a laptop and palm pilot)

Congrats brah! Hope Duke is next! --Trek

thanks everyone for the kind words. i just wanted to express mostly my suprise and ego boost. and for those of you still waiting keep up the faith. the longer you wait, the sweeter the victory.

oldman, let me be the last to congratulate you! :wink: Really, that's great!! :D Good things come to those who wait!! :)

oldman, CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news! Let that ego soar sky high, you deserve it! :D :clap:

That's awesome, Papa! Best of luck to you!

Now just sit tight and wait for that Duke letter!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by MorningLight2100:
•oldman, CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news! Let that ego soar sky high, you deserve it! :D :clap: •••••don't let me get irrational exhuberance :)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Gainer:
•Now just sit tight and wait for that Duke letter!•••••since i'm from the midwest, i was starting to think that the east coast didn't like me. i know the west coast doesn't like me at all, but that's another story.