I got rejected from a school I didn't even apply to.

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Status
I got a letter today from "East TN State University" telling me they could not offer me an interview spot.

Trouble is, I never applyed to the school, not even on AMCAS. I can prove it too.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Loco Loki

The quick for you!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
The Galactic Core
Status
AStudent said:
I got a letter today from "East TN State University" telling me they could not offer me an interview spot.

Trouble is, I never applyed to the school, not even on AMCAS. I can prove it too.

Almost like me getting FOUR rejection letters, ONE EACH MONTH SINCE NOVEMBER from Case Western, and two from UT southwestern. Seriously, WTF?

OP
AStudent

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Status
But you paid for your rejection letters, I didn't

:confused:

Loco Loki said:
Almost like me getting FOUR rejection letters, ONE EACH MONTH SINCE NOVEMBER from Case Western, and two from UT southwestern. Seriously, WTF?

scrappysurfer

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
San Diego, CA
Status
Loco Loki said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Case Western has serious issues.

November: Recieve interview for CCCLM. They suggest I schedule with Case as well. I call Case. Both MSTP and MD offices have lost my application. Strange, my check cleared.

They rush me through the file-checking process.

Pseudo-rejection #1: Hold for interview pool. Approx 5days before I interview at CCCLM. Cost of plane ticket has now increased 2x.

Rejection #2: MSTP has many qualified applicants, blah, blah.

Rejection #3: MD has many qualified applicants, blah, blah. Funny, I didn't check the MD-only box. Hooray. Just got rejected from a school I did not apply to.

Rejection #4: MSTP...more qualified applicants than spaces...suggest you apply for a PhD. Fortunately, at this point it was actually funny.

Amazing. As if we didn't get it the first time?

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
AStudent said:

Haha that's awesome, def one to put on the fridge :thumbup:

wends

Tigress in Training
10+ Year Member
May 20, 2004
Status
LMAO yeah it is kinda funny.........you have to reply to the pseudo rejection tho! i want to hear what they have to say about that!

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
AStudent said:

That is both awesome and hilarious. :laugh: You should totally write to the dean and tell them that you can't accept a rejection from a school you didn't apply to but that you would be willing to accomodate an interview if they would be so inclined.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
AStudent said:

at least you're not heartbroken over a rejection letter ;)

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
tacrum43 said:
That is both awesome and hilarious. :laugh: You should totally write to the dean and tell them that you can't accept a rejection from a school you didn't apply to but that you would be willing to accomodate an interview if they would be so inclined.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
AStudent said:

haha... those ETSU people... atleast you didn't pay an application fee. but I bet some poor fool is waiting on their notification letter. I'd call. maybe they sent it to the wrong address or something.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
call and ask them why you got rejected (so that you can improve upon your app next time)

albanQ

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2004
Status
man...i needed this li'l comic relief now...and love the suggestion about accomodating them for an interview. lolz.

Trident

Tempus Fugit
10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
East Coast
Status
Medical Student, Attending Physician
Psycho Doctor said:
call and ask them why you got rejected (so that you can improve upon your app next time)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
AStudent said:

but how did they get your name and address?!? AAMC??

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Psycho Doctor said:
Or even better, maybe you should formally appeal their decision...

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
Law2Doc said:
Or even better, maybe you should formally appeal their decision...
:thumbup:

OP
AStudent

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Status
I requested some information from them when they came to our professional school fair....back in 2001 :thumbdown:

Ambs said:
but how did they get your name and address?!? AAMC??

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
AStudent said:
I requested some information from them when they came to our professional school fair....back in 2001 :thumbdown:
Those haters.

InfiniumEtAl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2003
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Visit site
Status
Wow. I needed this laugh. Oh, the fun that you can have with this one! :laugh:

freaker

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
Status
This reminds me, have any of you just written, "Did not order. Return to Sender" on what is obviously a rejection letter?

If you're going to get rejected, at least have a little fun with it, I guess.

Without Wax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
AStudent said:

That is the coolest thing I ever heard.

I have a question to everyone, did anyone get ACCEPTED to a school that you did not apply to? That would be really wicked

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
freaker said:
This reminds me, have any of you just written, "Did not order. Return to Sender" on what is obviously a rejection letter?

If you're going to get rejected, at least have a little fun with it, I guess.
:laugh: :laugh: i like that! Send it back saying "Unsolicited/refused/return to sender"

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Similar thing happened to me and it ended up it was because my premed committee sent my LOR to a school that I did not submit my AMCAS to.

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
AStudent said:

this is the funniest post i ever ready i almost died laughing, sorry i didnt follow the thread but this first title and post were hilariours

Dr. Starostik

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2004
Status
Without Wax said:
That is the coolest thing I ever heard.

I have a question to everyone, did anyone get ACCEPTED to a school that you did not apply to? That would be really wicked

I didn't get accepted to a med school, but when I applied for Cornell undergrad and after I got accepted, I got e-mails and letters saying that I had applied for Cornell med school and that my application was being reviewed. I sent them e-mails saying that I was a high school senior (at that time) and that I never applied to their med school, but that didn't help.