I got someone else's secondary app because of an AMCAS address mixup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMDrMoe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I received a secondary application from Johns Hopkins University addressed to another applicant, with my address. I did not apply to JHU! I called the JHU admissions department to see what was going on, and they gave me what they got from AMCAS (the name of the applicant, with my address, NOT my ID number, and NOT my email). I am going to email the applicant to call AMCAS and update their address and email AMCAS about it. Has this happened to anyone else? Please email or send a private message. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That is what my worry was about three weeks ago. AMCAS had the wrong name under my social security number and wasn't sure how they were going to fix it.

I can only assume that this problem that you had is going to start happening more and more. I hope not, but some how I think transmission of applications to the schools is unfortunatly going to cause all new headaches for the already burdened AMCAS.
:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Hi Amy, if I remember correctly, you're also a "non-traditional" student. Thank goodness for that. At least I can maintain a little perspective (but not much). If this was me out of undergrad, I'm not sure how I would have handled it! Now, I can only laugh and feel deep down that I'm going in the fall. That feeling gets stronger and stronger. Good luck!