I got the worst case of Senioritis........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and I cant get myself to study....crap....ugh...
I dont know what to do. I dont even have an ounce of motivation left anymore. And the worst part of it all is that this is the easiest semester of mine with 2 classes....one a lit class and the other a bio....I have a test on tuesday and it covers SO MUCH SH#$%T ....I mean if I want to even make a C I should have started yesterday...but nop I haven't even touched the notes ever since last exam which I made a 55 in!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP:scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

get yourself together! i suffer with quarteritis. at the beginning and end of every quarter i cant study. but at some point you have to beat yourself or stay up all night.

I hear you Disenchanted. I'm in the same position. Just aim for a B- and hope for a C-.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
You want to hear a funny story? I'm on the quarter system and last quarter, I ended up with a 2.8 GPA (2 B minuses and a B). The funny part is that I got those grades before I had an acceptance from UCSD. Had I been placed on the waitlist, I probably would have been screwed. Is that a bad case of senioritis or what?

I aint doing much better this semester:rolleyes: Currently I am freaking out cause they want us to send them a transcript at the end.......Do you guys think they will mind if I get 2 C's!!?? Does it even matter anymore or should I be worried..........

Originally posted by Disenchanted 1
I aint doing much better this semester:rolleyes: Currently I am freaking out cause they want us to send them a transcript at the end.......Do you guys think they will mind if I get 2 C's!!?? Does it even matter anymore or should I be worried..........

I think C's are about as low as you can go without running a risk of something bad happening. Why push it though? You can always call your school and ask exactly what they expect. Force yourself to study and work for that C+/B- !! My acceptance letter said I need to get a C or better in every class I take so I had a little room to spare.

OMG, I had the WORST senioritis this quarter and last, and between the two quarters, I took 44.5 quarter units! I was expecting such low grades, but I was pleasantly suprised out of nowhere.

Seriously, is it worth potentially throwing an acceptance away? Just push yourself. It's almost OVER!!!

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
OMG, I had the WORST senioritis this quarter and last, and between the two quarters, I took 44.5 quarter units! I was expecting such low grades, but I was pleasantly suprised out of nowhere.

Seriously, is it worth potentially throwing an acceptance away? Just push yourself. It's almost OVER!!!

whoa....44.5!! LOL i am taking like 6 semester hours and doing crappy...haha....I am sucha slacker. Well realistically I think I might end up getting a b in one class and a C in the other...oh well F#$K .....I just wanna get it over with.

I am having the hardest time focusing! I thought second semester would be a breeze.
Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have choice of where to attend med school but it is totally stressing me out! I am trying to decide what med school to attend next year (scholarship vs. better school) etc, what to do this summer. It is so hard to do the work I need to do. Furthermore it just seems silly. Writing a 10 page philosophy paper on something that just doesn't mean much out of the classroom is getting really painful.
I am graduating soon and just want to skip out on the work and enjoy my friends who will all be scattered around the country soon.

How are all of you other acceptees dealing?

I know exactly what you guys are going through... I have a project for a class that's worth 25% of my final grade due on TUESDAY, and i'm about 10% done with it... *sigh*.... but I have no motivation whatsoever.... :(

I should be studying for my last exam - calc - on monday. Alas, SDN has sidetracked me!

I'm in the same boat...last quarter, finishing in june, sick of undergrad. I'm thinking of changing all my classes to S/NC grading system just to make it more simple for me.

Looks like i'm not alone :(

Definately not alone. I am in the same boat. A requirement of one incredibly great but awful scholarship of mine is that I maintain at least a 3.5 each individual semester. Not a big deal so far, but this semester is different. I get the scholarship as a 'loan' and do not have to pay it back if I get my GPA...AHHH....I know what you guys are feeling. (And I thought I was in easy classes this semester too).
kai

I always like to see threads like this. It reminds me that I'm not the only slacker who doesn't care anymore.:clap:

I feel about the same way, and I'm just a sophomore. :eek:

What pisses me off is that I took 4 less credit hours this semester than usual because I knew I would get senioritis. My reward: almost twice as much work during finals week. Ugh, Ive heard the phrase "less is more" but why couldnt that apply to athleticism or something.

I feel the same way. However, with this burnout, I'm worried that it will continue through med school. It won't, right?

yulia111 at least you will have the summer to recover before med school. I on the other hand have to start on june 1st at FSU.

Thank God for SDN! I am no longer alone in my fears. I got sick, went to second look weekends, and ..... Who will believe I'm in the middle of finals? I have 9 days of Ugrad left. Let's hope I can keep my semester grades in the B range.