I had my brother and uncle scan this board last night - lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeilD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my older brother and uncle, DPM's, both scan this board last night and I think they are both still laughing. (7 and 30 years out!) They said we are all in for a huge dose of reality in the outside world. They got the biggest kick out of the Dr/Resident section and discussions of job offers! Glad I'll be applying to Medical school in the fall. Unfortunately for the rest of you, average grades, no options, enjoy - Neil.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my older brother and uncle, DPM's, both scan this board last night and I think they are both still laughing. (7 and 30 years out!) They said we are all in for a huge dose of reality in the outside world. They got the biggest kick out of the Dr/Resident section and discussions of job offers! Glad I'll be applying to Medical school in the fall. Unfortunately for the rest of you, average grades, no options, enjoy - Neil.

Been in the "real world" for 10 years now. Kinda happy. Get your family on these boards to discuss why they feel the way they do. It's always a good idea to get different perspectives.

Why did you go to Pod School if you really wanted to go to MD School?

Members don't see this ad :)

that sucks bro.

I hope you get into medical school. Until then, maybe you should just wait to gloat.

I'm sad to see your family failing. Your view on DPM's is pretty sad and no doubt shaped by your family. I hope you get into medical school. And when you do and you find yourself working directly beside DPM students and residents or consulting a podiatric physician for any of a number of pathologies, your view will quickly change. Not to discredit your family but when I was getting involved with podiatry a decade ago, I met a handful of people who were pretty negative towards the profession as well. But, I met many more who were very pleased with the profession and the direction it was headed. I chose to listen to them and I'm glad I did. If you dig hard enough in any profession, you will find those who are displeased (MD/DO is no different). You can chose to listen to a couple people or the thousands of successful DPM's in the country. I'm doing very well. Are guys like me and PADPM and Kidsfeet the exception? I think not. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why some people feel the need to write these things on SDN. Starting a thread like this doesn't offer any kind of information that could be found useful to others. I can only deduce that this kind of post is merely for the OPs pleasure by means of making others feel inferior. If this is the case, maybe he or she might want to re-think a career in medicine.

A person doesn't just do 3 years of Pod school then decide to apply to MD school simply because his relatives are suddenly telling him to quit. Furthermore, no family member would encourage a student already deep in professional school to drop out unless that student was already in academic trouble or struggling somehow. Either you're not who you say you are, or there's a lot you're not disclosing.

Who knows what NeilD's real status is. [There happy now airbud?]

Last edited:
I just wish your uncle would have talked to your brother BEFORE he graduated! And if that didn't work, they both should have stopped you before you matriculated! That would have saved you both some time!

I can see why your uncle does so poorly! He won't even save his own family from this profession from hell!

Remember that post about him being kicked out of podiatry school for cheating? Well it's looking more and more believable. I think the mods really should take action and remove people like this from the forums.

This isn't what you do with people that have differing viewpoints. Its called free speech. If you can't learn to deal with people that are skeptical of what you do or what you believe in, then you have a long, frustrating world ahead of you.

That statement is only if he's trolling and not here for legitimate feedback. Keep in mind forum and RL personas can be very different.

Last edited:
Neil- Good luck with your future endeavors. I'm glad you decided podiatry was not right for you before you "graduated"-one less disgruntled podiatrist people have to listen to. Furthermore, you're one less podiatrist to compete with in the real world although I doubt that with your attitude you'd be any type of competition.

Assuming you entered pod school at 22 which is a big assumption, you're now 25 and thousands of dollars in debt. You have 4 years of MD schooling ahead of you creating yet another load of debt on your shoulders. Have fun paying that all off.