I hate crappy pens!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My vote:

Dr. Grip Pilot

Uni-ball gels

Members don't see this ad.

Are those balls or gels? I really like the G-2's, but they just don't seem to last. I can watch the ink level change in the course of an hour's worth of lecture notes. But the feel is pretty righteous. I almost got some Signos, but...

I've been using Bic's Z4 needle roller lately. It doesn't seem to bleed through too bad, so two-sided notes are possible, at least with the 0.5. But the cap is like welded on. And Pilot's V5 RT, which is real similar, although with less grip diam., and click so you don't pull a muscle trying to get the cap off.

See, I got some Z4s today based on the comments made about it here on SDN, and ... they're just like the V5s. Which is bad, but expected; gel pens tend to bleed less, thus looking like a thinner line, which is what I'm after.

i'm in the inguinal region in gross and I read "I hate crappy penis"

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know of pens like pentel RSVP BK91 (medium)? I know jeebus hates them, but I actually am kind of fond of them. They're not too heavy, or too light. Write smoothly and won't smudge. I tried the G2 but didn't quite like it.

BK91_A.jpg

For taking notes, I like using the Zebra Clip-On Multi Pen from jetpens.com. They're like the Bic 4-color pens, but the ink flows a LOT smoother. There's even a mechanical pencil function in addition to the 4 colors.

Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/91_308

This site has a bunch of other types of pens as well.

For taking notes, I like using the Zebra Clip-On Multi Pen from jetpens.com. They're like the Bic 4-color pens, but the ink flows a LOT smoother. There's even a mechanical pencil function in addition to the 4 colors.

Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.jetpens.com/index.php/cPath/91_308

This site has a bunch of other types of pens as well.

That's cool... I'd been looking for a non-Bic multicolor pen. I just might have to try that.

Not too crazy about ballpoints, but I guess I don't have much of a choice.

I've developed a newfound appreciation for the Precise pens... seems that the retractable version of the V5 just works for me.

pilotv5rt1mo8.jpg

That's cool... I'd been looking for a non-Bic multicolor pen. I just might have to try that.

I've developed a newfound appreciation for the Precise pens... seems that the retractable version of the V5 just works for me.

pilotv5rt1mo8.jpg

i love this pen. its really good if you like fine writing with awesome ink flow! i hate caps so this version is my new love :love: is it sad that i asked for pack for my bday? ;)

Gaah! Why do they have to put rubber grips on all the good pens? What about the latex-sensitive people? I'm tired of making little legwarmers for my pens.

Don't know if anyone's posted it before cause I was too lazy to read, but my favorite pen is definitely the Parker Jotter. It looks awesome, and it writes better. For only 6 bucks you don't have to be that pissed if you lose one every once in a while.

premium-parker-jotter.jpg

i love this pen. its really good if you like fine writing with awesome ink flow! i hate caps so this version is my new love :love: is it sad that i asked for pack for my bday? ;)

haha, not at all. I was cleaning out an old cabinet today, found three black V5 RTs and one blue one, and was upset because I only had that ONE blue.

Like upset upset. Like, "f*ck me. One?"

haha, not at all. I was cleaning out an old cabinet today, found three black V5 RTs and one blue one, and was upset because I only had that ONE blue.

Like upset upset. Like, "f*ck me. One?"

that's my favorite pen by far. i never jumped on the gel ink bandwagon. too much smudging and the ink runs out quickly for my taste.

the V5 though, man that's one good pen. great ink flow and i like the darkness of the liquid ink. no smudging going on here either. blue ink is definitely the best.

i'll have to find some retractables. this is a wonderful new innovation.

uni-ball signo with the needle point... or the EXTREME! or JetFighter! version. Whatever it is it writes well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's another vote for the Pilot G-2 pens. I use the 0.5 extra-fine and I am addicted. And just recently I have found Pilot G-2 0.38 Ultra Fine pens, and they are even better then the 0.5's! So awesome!

Oh. You MUST share where you found the Pilot G-2 Ultrafine pens. I started with the .7s, but I felt like I was writing with a crayon. The .5s are awesome, which means .38s are a must.

Heh, heh, I found them by accident while killing time at Target.
It sucks that so far I have not been able to find them online in bulk(must...find...more...UltraFine pens...). Must check jetpens.com...

pilotv5rt1mo8.jpg

Actually I've seen needle-point multi pens as well as gel-ink multi pens on jetpens.com. They don't have green ink like the ball-points, though.

Actually I've seen needle-point multi pens as well as gel-ink multi pens on jetpens.com. They don't have green ink like the ball-points, though.

Oh? Got a link? I never saw that... sounds interesting.

i really like the Pilot Dr. Grip BALLPOINT pens. I first discovered these as i was obsessing over what pens/pencils to use on my mcat (back in the day when it was paper/pencil).

I just got back from Asia and spent $50 just to send two boxes of stationary back home. Japanese pens are awesome. Jetpens.com is great place to get them here in the US. I got some as small as 0.018 - they are just awesome....maybe a bit small but you can get a lot of crap on a sheet and it feels great to write with.

Wow, I just read through this entire thread and looked up the various pens mentioned. I now have a newfound appreciation for a good pen.

:thumbup:

See, we're not THAT weird. I do love my pens.

Wait, that does sound weird, doesn't it.

Meh.

i just bought 23 pens due to this crappy thread! :p

been rocking the black Uniball Vision with a fine tip for four months of rotations now, and I'll have Law2Doc know, I haven't let one get stolen from me yet.

I like high value pens so much I had this link bookmarked from 5 years ago.

http://www.slate.com/id/2101941

My top picks are the Pilot P-700 and the Pilot Precise V7. For the V7, I could only find blue and black but the P-700 has black, blue, green, purple, and red. Both are cheap and write as smooth as a baby's butt.

Last edited:
Pen Island offers a bunch of cheap, customized, high quality pens. Check them out at www.penisland.net

Dr. Grip 4+1 pilot.

Red, green, blue, black and 0.5 lead all in the Dr. Grip pen body.

It makes me very very happy.

was specifically asking people who were geared to a medical profession....

Sharpie makes an awesome new pen. It reminds me of the Liquid Expresso fine pt pens I once loved so much but can never find anymore. Smooth, rich line. Dries instantly. And apparently I'm not alone in thinking they're the best pen ever, because they disappear faster than any pen I've ever had. :love:

I also kinda like the Invega gel pens, the ones that look vaguely like a syringe (as a client once told me). Too bad they smear.