I hate federal holidays!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title says it all. Federal holidays = no mail....no mail have to wait extra 24 hours for the mail to come
the wait is getting long and boring.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree GujuMD...but I believe this is the last federal holiday until May. Hang in there :)

Did anyone have to come to work today? I did. Oh well, at least traffic was light.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is it that many undergraduate institutions choose not to respect federal holidays and take the day off? It's weird because our governor has made a ruling that no student or faculty should be required to be at school past 12:00 noon on the day before Thanksgiving, yet we still have school on President's Day, Martin Luther King Day, etc.

Why is it that many undergraduate institutions choose not to respect federal holidays and take the day off? It's weird because our governor has made a ruling that no student or faculty should be required to be at school past 12:00 noon on the day before Thanksgiving, yet we still have school on President's Day, Martin Luther King Day, etc.

uhhh u shouldnt have school on MLK.

not sure about prez day

As a government employee I am in full support of federal holidays.

uhhh u shouldnt have school on MLK.

not sure about prez day

Ack - you certainly are correct. I failed to realized that MLK day always falls before the Spring semester begins. I suppose I am just comparing all of the holidays we were given in elementary/middle/high school with the holidays we are given in higher education.

Well I received 2 rejections over the weekend.. one via email and one on the school's website, so cheer up there is still other ways for the schools to deliver news.... horrible, annoying, unwanted news... but still news :oops: .

Oh yeah, forgot that I also got an interview invite over the weekend... weird weekend it was.

You should be a government contractor so you can get the best of both worlds: huge bureaucracy PLUS no federal holidays. It's a win-win! :rolleyes:

I don't think being an IRTA qualifies you as a government employee. Although, you would be even two rungs lower on the ladder as a contractor...

OK true, technichally I am not a government employee but an grant recipient. But regardless I still got the day off, so I'm good with federal holidays.

i too hate this no email no mail day

Yeah, but reaize that for every fed holiday you take off, you're going to have to make up that day in the future.

I think it helps make the semester move by faster by getting into a routine that's not broken up except for major, major holidays.

i got an e-mail from OSU indicating a change in my status page, which in turn rejected me.... apparently OSU opts not to honor the former leaders of our country:(

Anjl, sorry to hear that about OSU. However, when did you interview there?