I Hate George Washington Som

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

experience2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the akrhjrekfsenfrekgnrekgnrekgnregkrenfgv
wefwefjkwbefgjwegbwrjegbrejg

Members don't see this ad.

If you really feel that way then drop them, I'm sure the other 10,000+ people applying to GW won't mind.

i'm also pretty sure they won't mind not having to read an application written by someone who would ever say "becos". does that really save you any time to type instead of the real word? because it just looks dumb and for some reason is really irritating.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh... well I'm not sure exactly what your experience was, but I called them on Tuesday to check on my status and they were perfectly cordial with me. No complaints whatsoever.

Whoa dude!! Try some yoga or deep breathing... or something.

Although I agree with you that people should not be rude to one another, this is an inevitability.

Professors, patients, nurses, other students, residents, and attendings are going to be very rude to you in the coming years and you are going to have to learn how to deal with it.

So suck it up and learn how to deal with rude people without having a temper tantrum if you want to survive the next few years.

experience2's #1 choice is GW. nice try haha

no, but for real now. if they were disrespectful with you, that sucks. 130 bucks should definitely get you some service with a smile.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=PsymvcqVc1s[/YOUTUBE]

You try reading 10,000 applications with a smile.

aaj117.....edfgudsbgsjdfbsjfbasjfbdsjfbsjfbjfb

i'm also pretty sure they won't mind not having to read an application written by someone who would ever say "becos". does that really save you any time to type instead of the real word? because it just looks dumb and for some reason is really irritating.

hahahaha. obviously, someone is not in good mood

I don't like GW either. I don't know why I got rejected from there. I think it is because I am East Asian. My stats AND ECs are above their avg students

Some people need to get off their...ahem....high horse....and realize stats AND Ec's are not the only components of the application process.

lol......thanks for understanding where I am coming from Cubalibre...lol

experience2's #1 choice is GW. nice try haha

no, but for real now. if they were disrespectful with you, that sucks. 130 bucks should definitely get you some service with a smile.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't feed the troll. :beat:

I don't like GW either. I don't know why I got rejected from there. I think it is because I am East Asian. My stats AND ECs are above their avg students

Yeah, that's the only logical explanation. :smuggrin:

+pad+

before the thread closes ...

Whoa dude!! Try some yoga or deep breathing... or something.

Although I agree with you that people should not be rude to one another, this is an inevitability.

Professors, patients, nurses, other students, residents, and attendings are going to be very rude to you in the coming years and you are going to have to learn how to deal with it.

So suck it up and learn how to deal with rude people without having a temper tantrum if you want to survive the next few years.

I honestly will not waste my time responding to you...

getting a 14 on your verbal shows that you can reason well...unfortunately it does not test your spelling ability.

Chill out dude...all the cussing and stuff is really unecessary...Have you considered that maybe you were part of the problem?

regsfgsdufbsjfbsjgbrgfgrhthtr

Apparently George Washington's screening system is effective. Let's hope the other med schools are equally efficient at detecting nuts.

experience 2, your probably a junior in college with no real perception of life. Either way you are obviously used to getting what you want. Life sucks and the people in it are often rude. When you are a doctor, how will you treat situations when people are rude to you? (which, by the way, will happen everyday). Will you act like a responsible, mature professional and keep yourself held with dignity and avoid embarassing yourself? Or will you throw some low class temper tandrum like this.

Apparently George Washington's screening system is effective. Let's hope the other med schools are equally efficient at detecting nuts.
haha i'm not so sure...while they managed to avoid one nut, they are giving me a second look, and apparently my mom is a psycho, and i believe that's a genetic thing....

Damn man, if you get worked up by a rude phone conversation, I'm afraid what you'll do to your rude patients.

In any case,

Suck it up. The world isn't going to cater to you and baby you. There are rude people in the world. Stop crying and get over it. Damn.

Haha, right on. Ohh and by the way that you-tube video that was posted by someone earlier...awesome.

dingus, I was NOT rejected..........

just very annoying to go thru so many stress applying to schools and pay so much money only to be treated like crap...AGAIN **** GWU
Leave him alone guys, he is going "thru so many stress"

I am confused ... what is going on in this thread? :confused::confused:

honestly though, a few of my (well-balanced) friends did hate applying to GW.

experience 2, your probably a junior in college with no real perception of life. Either way you are obviously used to getting what you want. Life sucks and the people in it are often rude. When you are a doctor, how will you treat situations when people are rude to you? (which, by the way, will happen everyday). Will you act like a responsible, mature professional and keep yourself held with dignity and avoid embarassing yourself? Or will you throw some low class temper tandrum like this.

Rooter76 ....to start with I am not a junior in college...

haha i'm not so sure...while they managed to avoid one nut, they are giving me a second look, and apparently my mom is a psycho, and i believe that's a genetic thing....

BINGOOOO!!!!...now you are finally getting it.....dumba**..i agree...I think it is a genetic disorder that runs in your family........you might want to go for some gene therapy....

Rooter76 ....to start with I am not a junior in college.....I can tell you have a problem with making assumptions.... stupid!!!!!!!!

Read what I posted, I said probably a junior in college. But ok I take it back. You are acting much younger.

I do not assume anything. You have provided plenty of evidence to indicate that, like I said, you are used to getting what you want and used to people treating you like you were queen of the world. If you want to be a doctor, get used to the fact that you will encounter people who are rude to you, and if you want to be a doctor, get used to responding to these everyday situations with class and professionalism.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This thread is hilarious.

And to make this a relevant comment: I called GW the other day and they were very friendly. You must have caught someone in a bad mood.

Obviously, everyone else in the world is a stupid a**hole except you. I'm sure that eventually everyone will realize this and apologize to you. Until that time, however, we all yearn for your enlightened guidance. You will just have to call GW back after they realize just how stupid they really are. I'm sure it won't be long. Give them a day or two to think about.

Read what I posted, I said probably a junior in college. But your right I take it back. You are acting much younger.

I do not assume anything. You have provided plenty of evidence to indicate that, like I said, you are used to getting what you want and used to people treating you like you were queen of the world. If you want to be a doctor, get used to the fact that you will encounter people who are rude to you, and if you want to be a doctor, get used to responding to these everyday situations with class and professionalism.
You look like the picture on your profile = UGLY....Bi**h

Damn man, if you get worked up by a rude phone conversation, I'm afraid what you'll do to your rude patients.

In any case,

Suck it up. The world isn't going to cater to you and baby you. There are rude people in the world. Stop crying and get over it. Damn.

If that is your true picture on your profile, then you look cute....but honestly based on how you sound..i doubt you look like that in real life,......dumba**

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This thread is hilarious.

And to make this a relevant comment: I called GW the other day and they were very friendly. You must have caught someone in a bad mood.

lol...i know....this is hilarious....

Obviously, everyone else in the world is a stupid a**hole except you. I'm sure that eventually everyone will realize this and apologize to you. Until that time, however, we all yearn for your enlightened guidance. You will just have to call GW back after they realize just how stupid they really are. I'm sure it won't be long. Give them a day or two to think about.
lol...ahhahahaha

I HATE GW WITH A PASSION TOO. They straight up lie to you over the phone by saying "your application is still under review", when you might have been rejected a long time ago and they're just waiting to mail out the letters on Oct. 15.

Have some integrity GW dinguses and atleast tell us the truth that you can't inform us of our status. Why the heck do you even have an over-the-phone application status check system??? Go to hell.

hi all,

now i know this post has gotten a little out of hand, but in this case, i'd have to agree with the original post.

when i called and asked very politely about my application being received, and the letters being received, the woman who answered the phone was quite nasty.

i have to say i've phoned two new york schools in addition just to confirm mailed materials (of course i waited at least 2 weeks before calling) and so far i've encounterered some very very rude people.

that's ok though...that's just life.

good luck everybody!

I HATE GW WITH A PASSION TOO. They straight up lie to you over the phone by saying "your application is still under review", when you might have been rejected a long time ago and they're just waiting to mail out the letters on Oct. 15.

Have some integrity GW dinguses and atleast tell us the truth that you can't inform us of our status. Why the heck do you even have an over-the-phone application status check system??? Go to hell.
....i LOVE YOU collegy