I hate my life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At least at the moment. I studied all freaking week for this stupid Abnormal Psych test, and I got an 88 on it. The question were ambiguous/poorly worded, I knew when I was taking it my grade would suck. I knew the material back and forth.

Does anybody have a punching bag?? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I understand how frustrating that can be, but if this is the worst thing that's happened to you this week, you are one of the luckier people in the world. Remember that.

Members don't see this ad :)
MollyMalone said:
I understand how frustrating that can be, but if this is the worst thing that's happened to you this week, you are one of the luckier people in the world. Remember that.

Seriously man. Op, take it easy it is thursday go out and chill take your mind off things.

I know, I know. I should take it easy. But this is my "easiest" class, and I am on the verge of getting a B because of this grade. What frustrates me is that I studied A LOT. If I deserved the stupid B I wouldn't be complaining.
:mad:

I'm going to go buy some ice cream. It always cheers me up.

baylormed said:
At least at the moment. I studied all freaking week for this stupid Abnormal Psych test, and I got an 88 on it. The question were ambiguous/poorly worded, I knew when I was taking it my grade would suck. I knew the material back and forth.

And you're from Baylor! Should've been an easy A :laugh: :laugh: :p

Have some Goldschläger and relax.

Am I the only one that wants a punching bag when I read these posts?

boo hoo an 88...when will the unfairness cease?

Besides, abnormal psych is a joke. If you can't get 100s on these (i am guessing Multiple Choice?) tests then you should get your IQ checked...i think you are in for a surprise.

jk op, relax.

An Aggie.....
Don't even start. I've been to your football games. I would say your diagnosis is obsessive-compulsive disorder with dellusions of grandeur.
At least our football team knows they suck (Sadly, we do :( ).

:D

By the way, I'm just kidding. Don't get all Aggie on me.

:p

The only one in for a rude awakening is you.
I said the test was poorly worded. I'm acing Biochem and Physiology and Physics and you name it. I'm doing great in the rest of my classes.

Please refrain from insulting me if you do not know me.

baylormed said:
An Aggie.....
Don't even start. I've been to your football games. I would say your diagnosis is obsessive-compulsive disorder with dellusions of grandeur.
At least our football team knows they suck (Sadly, we do :( ).

:D

By the way, I'm just kidding. Don't get all Aggie on me.

:p
lol! Nah its cool. We suck too... but I still enjoy watching baylor vs aggie games :) They can be exciting!

Flopotomist said:

you're not the only one +pissed+ :barf: .... just relax OP

baylormed said:
The only one in for a rude awakening is you.
I said the test was poorly worded. I'm acing Biochem and Physiology and Physics and you name it. I'm doing great in the rest of my classes.

Please refrain from insulting me if you do not know me.

does anyone else feel that the OP needs a good ol' fashioned, rough and sweaty.......backrub?

Members don't see this ad :)
:rolleyes: *walking away*

waaaahhhh. I got a B+ My life is over. I want to die. I will never get into medical school!!!!! boo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

Get over it.

Its_MurDAH said:
does anyone else feel that the OP needs a good ol' fashioned, rough and sweaty.......backrub?

Sorry if I was rough on you, MurDAH, but I believe you were the one who told me to get my IQ checked.
If you are going to insult people, then don't get sensitive when you are treated the same way.

baylormed said:
Sorry if I was rough on you, MurDAH, but I believe you were the one who told me to get my IQ checked.
If you are going to insult people, then don't get sensitive when you are treated the same way.
Did you miss the part where he said "jk" as in just kidding? This is usually an indicator not to take someone seriously.

Thundrstorm said:
Did you miss the part where he said "jk" as in just kidding? This is usually an indicator not to take someone seriously.

Actually, yeah, I missed it. :oops:
It's at the very bottom of the post, so I didn't even look at it (my apologies, MurDAH).

:eek: Now that I got to rant on SDN, I do feel better.

MDhopeful023 said:

I would also like a punching bag. This thread makes me want to cyber vomit.

no worries, baylormed. Just look at it this way - it's a psych test. The only way they can make the class hard is to write poorly composed, ambiguous questions. Sounds exactly like what you had, and you can expect more of it once you get into your psych classes in med school. This is not the end of your psych woes.

Just be aware you are not the only one suffering.

jd

rgarrig said:
My transcript is littered with about 9 W's, 1 D during senior year, and several C's and B's from freshman year. Yet I was accepted to a top-10 school (with no special connections, no publications, and no other miraculous stuff).

Chill, dog.

And don't drink your problems away... Its_MurDAH had a better idea.
You linkified his name :).

Flopotomist said:

no, my good man...no, you are not.

i, for one, have studied long and hard for an 88 and been very happy with that outcome on many an occasion.

baylormed said:

I always hate it when I do well on exams.

I got an A one time and slit my wrists, but my girlfriend found me.

OSUdoc08 said:

Yeah, seriously. OP, kill yourself.

That'll show everyone how serious your thread title is.

I got an 89 on my last genetic engineering exam.

The average for the *graduate* students was mid-70's.

I'm an undergrad.

pwned.

Take a number, buddy... I hate my life too. I had to give up halo 2 to study for boards. The neighbors called the cops because i stole their flag and tried to melee them when they came after me.

Never let a test (any test or "thing") break you. I'm sure the bad score is gone and u've moved on by now and have accomplished alot. I looked @ ur application, you seem like a real hard working person, just keep going, you'll get to where u wanna be, you'll see. :)

OSUdoc08 said:

Yeah, that made me laugh. :thumbup:

Some one punch this guy in the face, then knee him in the nuts please.

hadokenny said:
Some one punch this guy in the face, then knee him in the nuts please.

SHE probably would not take too likely to the punch in the face, and well the second part is not even valid.

baylormed said:

is this for real? some ppl have actual problems, you know :rolleyes:

come on what is this emo thread

Shredder said:
come on what is this emo thread

You think this is bad, I get kids who complain for points back when they score a 95 on homework sets. I blame their generation. The whole lot of them are no good. Cheaters and whiners, I tells ya. All the undergrads in the class of 2006 are the last "good" ones :smuggrin:

we need to reverse grade inflation and return to the days of Gentleman's C's, dubya like

crazy_cavalier said:
You think this is bad, I get kids who complain for points back when they score a 95 on homework sets. I blame their generation. The whole lot of them are no good. Cheaters and whiners, I tells ya. All the undergrads in the class of 2006 are the last "good" ones :smuggrin:

I absolutely hated it when people bitched about lost points in Orgo and Physics. I understand asking why you got the question wrong - that's called learning; however, the incessant whining needs to stop.

Or maybe the bitching is simply gunner training?

LabMonster said:
I absolutely hated it when people bitched about lost points in Orgo and Physics. I understand asking why you got the question wrong - that's called learning; however, the incessant whining needs to stop.

Or maybe the bitching is simply gunner training?

I hear you! I used to teach chemistry (general, organic, polymer, physical organic, special topics). I told my students in my undergrad classes that I did not like pointmongering. If a student wanted a regrade, then he or she had to put it in writing and articulate what they thought was correct. I also said that I reserved the right to regrade their entire exam, not just what they were quibbling about. I'm sure that last bit made them think twice about submitting for regrade.

On the first day of class, I explained that I graded on a curve and anyone near the cutoffs were look at on a case-by-case basis, so pointmongering was a waste of time and may even be to their detriment (i.e. final grade assessment if just below a cutoff). I also explained that anyone seeking a letter of recommendation from me (or any other professor for that matter) would hurt their situation by quibbling for points, because it created a perception that they were more interested in getting a good grade than learning the material. Since that impugns their character, any letter of recommendation may not be as stellar as would have been otherwise.

Unfortunately for the most part, that still didn't stop the pre-meds. So those of you still in school, take note!

Okay

I'm not sure if the school you go to is SUPER easy, or Canadian schools just mark hard, but getting an 88% is quite an excellent mark here. For most schools, that is an A (as in perfect). To get a B+ at my school, you need to get below 80%. I've heard stories about some of the American schoos being too easy, or inflatting grades (I am not too sure what is true) but when you complain about getting 88%, that is definitly not the end of the world. I can appreciate that people have standards, and by no means should you ever settle for mediocrity, but if you are complaining about an 88%, that class must be SUPER EASY, and maybe you should have just studied more; professors never evaluate you on more than what they think you have the capabilities to do. Take this mark in stride, and kick ass on the next one to prove that you refuse to settle for 88%. Just as a last bit, come to a Canadian university, and I can GUARANTEE you will not be singing the same tune when you get an 88%. As a matter of fact, you'd definitly be just as happy with an 85% as you would be with a 100%.

MDhopeful023 said:

No, you are not the only one. And I am usually a good-natured person. I have been having this problem all semester with AP II. I go in, get a sheet of paper and write down all the info my brain has crammed in it (not just memorization, either mind you)...and it never appears on the test. She is a psycho. 150 structures assigned and she gives us 20 questions on the lab exam.... :rolleyes: :mad:. Oh and 8 of the said questions she forgot to mention would be on the exam. There is always the possibility that one or two of her questions will count 10 points and the others 2 or 1, whatever her whiskey told her to put down the day she wrote the exam.

Her classs averages are usually pretty low until someone (probably someone like the op) pulls the averages "up" to around 77%. She says she expects :confused: the avgs to be low. I cannot see myself fretting over an 88. I don't mean to bash the op, but I would love to have that 88 in a subject I feel I know very well....go figure. And please do not let me get started on the people who complain about "A" grades. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It could be worse, my friend. Be thankful for that "B" and do better on the next one. Good luck.

Has anyone said "drama queen" yet?

hahahahaha. you hate your life? way to be melodramatic. a B won't kill you. hell, it won't even bring you down one bit.

i've been through 10x worse stuff than you have and i'm not complaining. i just deal with it and move on.

yourmom25 said:
hahahahaha. you hate your life? way to be melodramatic. a B won't kill you. hell, it won't even bring you down one bit.

i've been through 10x worse stuff than you have and i'm not complaining. i just deal with it and move on.

Yeah, but that won't stop the complaining. Sometimes people just don't know how good they have it.

Try taking more Adderall for the next test.

haha guys i think we should stop hating on the OP sometime soon...or god knows what will happen

She was already hating her life from the 88 she got on her test.

Combine that with us and our "insensitive" comments and it is a recipe for pre-med disaster!

baylormed said:
I know, I know. I should take it easy. But this is my "easiest" class, and I am on the verge of getting a B because of this grade. What frustrates me is that I studied A LOT. If I deserved the stupid B I wouldn't be complaining.
:mad:

I'm going to go buy some ice cream. It always cheers me up.

I don't get this...obviously it is not your easiest class. Psych classes canbe hard too, people :rolleyes:

Zoom-Zoom said:
I don't get this...obviously it is not your easiest class. Psych classes canbe hard too, people :rolleyes:

Any class can be hard. It's the instructor and the delivery that can make or break a class. I personally just find it crazy to complain about a "B".

If I ever do complain about a B, feel free to flame away. ;)

Hey guys.
Apparently I got myself in trouble by ranting here.

YES, I know an 88 is good, and usually, I'd be happy to get an 88. But I'm one of those people that get frustrated by being in the borderline between A/B or B/C. I would rather have a plain A or a plain B. But that's just me. I got frustrated because I really studied, but go figure. It's not the first time it happens. Freshman year I spent DAYS studying for chem 2 and couldn't make more than C's on the exams (granted the average was around the 40's). But still. I think we all have the expectation that we will get what we work for. We are taught this by our parents. But it doesn't always work that way.

So there, I got to get my frustration out on SDN (and so did many of you, apparently :laugh: )

So anyway, DON'T HATE ME :oops: . I'm just freaking out right now about everything because the MCAT is next Saturday and I'm all anxious and what not.