I hate my life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
baylormed said:
Hey guys.
Apparently I got myself in trouble by ranting here.

YES, I know an 88 is good, and usually, I'd be happy to get an 88. But I'm one of those people that get frustrated by being in the borderline between A/B or B/C. I would rather have a plain A or a plain B. But that's just me. I got frustrated because I really studied, but go figure. It's not the first time it happens. Freshman year I spent DAYS studying for chem 2 and couldn't make more than C's on the exams (granted the average was around the 40's). But still. I think we all have the expectation that we will get what we work for. We are taught this by our parents. But it doesn't always work that way.

So there, I got to get my frustration out on SDN (and so did many of you, apparently :laugh: )

So anyway, DON'T HATE ME :oops: . I'm just freaking out right now about everything because the MCAT is next Saturday and I'm all anxious and what not.
awww... that changes everything. I was an anxious wreck before the MCAT. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Rant, then go have a beer.
Well, have a beer after the MCAT. And good luck on that. Dude, go get a massage and relax.
I understand putting in a ton of effort and feeling like it doesn't pay off the way you want it to, but honestly, as many people have said in not so many words- well, get used to it. It's going to be part of being a physician too- sometimes, no matter what you do, people are gonna die, and you can't take it personally, you just have to know that you put in your best effort and be happy with that- otherwise you're just gonna torture yourself.
So in any case, sorry that the test sucked. Do the best you can, be proud that you studied well, bitch all you want, and have a frickin' beer.
And smoke the MCAT. :luck:

Its_MurDAH said:
haha guys i think we should stop hating on the OP sometime soon...or god knows what will happen

She was already hating her life from the 88 she got on her test.

Combine that with us and our "insensitive" comments and it is a recipe for pre-med disaster!

Its good prep for med school. Do you guys think it is going to get easier? I guess I was spoiled in undergrad, I was experiencing that situation since freshman year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a 70 on a biology exam last week. I admit, when I saw this post I felt not too happy towards the OP... but it was basically because I was feeling crappy myself - I'm pretty certain I'm hovering over the B/C line now rather than the A/B because of it.

What I suggest is what I've been doing myself: trying to relax and not stress too much about it. The test is over and done with - there's no "fixing" the mistake. Just try hard and study as well as you can for the final, and know that having a "B" or even a "C" won't ruin your chances for getting into medical school.

I just wanted to make an announcement regarding the grade.
I MADE A 100 ON THE FINAL.
(I defy you, crappy exams!!!!)

I feel better now. :laugh:

Good Luck to everyone on their finals!!!!

baylormed said:
At least at the moment. I studied all freaking week for this stupid Abnormal Psych test, and I got an 88 on it. The question were ambiguous/poorly worded, I knew when I was taking it my grade would suck. I knew the material back and forth.

Does anybody have a punching bag?? :mad:

Is this seriously worth a thread that says "I hate my life"? I opened this thread expecting a terrible story, possibly so that I could offer some words of encouragement. Instead I found out that this post is someone whining about getting an 88 on a frickin' psychology test. Look, having been a pre-med, I understand that it is frustrating to get a B when you think you deserve an A. On the other hand, it is one test, it is one class, and there are so many other things in life more worthy your energy. I can't believe someone would complain on SDN with a thread dedicated to getting an 88 on one test. Can we expect a monthly melodramatic thread "My life sucks" with heart-wrenching tales of +gasp+ A MINUSES!!!! Please, you don't even know how easy your life is. If you want to hear about a hard life, PM me about what I just saw on my medical mission trip to Eastern Europe. I'm with Flopotomist on this one... give me a punching bag please.

Dr. Weebs said:
Is this seriously worth a thread that says "I hate my life"? I opened this thread expecting a terrible story, possibly so that I could offer some words of encouragement. Instead I found out that this post is someone whining about getting an 88 on a frickin' psychology test. Look, having been a pre-med, I understand that it is frustrating to get a B when you think you deserve an A. On the other hand, it is one test, it is one class, and there are so many other things in life more worthy your energy. I can't believe someone would complain on SDN with a thread dedicated to getting an 88 on one test. Can we expect a monthly melodramatic thread "My life sucks" with heart-wrenching tales of +gasp+ A MINUSES!!!! Please, you don't even know how easy your life is. If you want to hear about a hard life, PM me about what I just saw on my medical mission trip to Eastern Europe. I'm with Flopotomist on this one... give me a punching bag please.

Sorry. Go study.

baylormed said:
Sorry. Go study.

Fortunately, I don't have to study because I work full-time, and med school doesn't start until August. I hope you at least learned something from the responses to this thread... good luck.

Dr. Weebs said:
Fortunately, I don't have to study because I work full-time, and med school doesn't start until August. I hope you at least learned something from the responses to this thread... good luck.

Geez.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Cozmosis said:
Curse you, baylormed!

:eek: NO NO NO....a curse is the last thing I need during finals week!!!

I'm heading to the library now...otherwise I might end up spending my whole afternoon on SDN instead of on biochem.
Say hello to enzymes, glycolysis, krebs cycle and the beginning of the longest week of the semester!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
baylormed said:
Geez.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Obviously you didn't. Well, hopefully medical schools will see that you're not MD material. :)

Dr. Weebs said:
Obviously you didn't. Well, hopefully medical schools will see that you're not MD material. :)

I repeat. GEEZ.

baylormed said:
I repeat. GEEZ.

So intelligent. "Geez". Can't even come up with anything else. No wonder you got a B. You are really entertaining me while I sit on my couch and watch ESPN today... hahaha.

baylormed said:
:eek: NO NO NO....a curse is the last thing I need during finals week!!!

I'm heading to the library now...otherwise I might end up spending my whole afternoon on SDN instead of on biochem.
Say hello to enzymes, glycolysis, krebs cycle and the beginning of the longest week of the semester!!!

Yikes; you are lucky. My bichem cumulative final was 4 days after the MCAT; it wasn't fun (though I throughly enjoyed the class). Plus, or professor left the college permanently the day before the MCAT, and we are left to have our final graded by one of the other really hard professors who hates that people get A's. I wish you luck on your final!

Dr. Weebs said:
So intelligent. "Geez". Can't even come up with anything else. No wonder you got a B. You are really entertaining me while I sit on my couch and watch ESPN today... hahaha.

Listen. You do not know me. I do not know you. All I know this conversation is getting ridiculous, and it's not worth it.

Goodbye, don't bother replying. I will ignore you.

baylormed said:
At least at the moment. I studied all freaking week for this stupid Abnormal Psych test, and I got an 88 on it. The question were ambiguous/poorly worded, I knew when I was taking it my grade would suck. I knew the material back and forth.

Does anybody have a punching bag?? :mad:

it's just a test. you will face worser things in the future. don't make a big deal out of it.
at least, you didn't get an F. :)
i hope you will feel better soon. :oops:

baylormed said:
Listen. You do not know me. I do not know you. All I know this conversation is getting ridiculous, and it's not worth it.

Goodbye, don't bother replying. I will ignore you.

Ooohhhh nooooooooooo... DONT IGNORE ME!!! Who's going to entertain me with their pitiful posts on SDN while I sit on the couch today? This conversation got ridiculous when you started this thread. Wuhahaha... Pathetic.

Dr. Weebs said:
Ooohhhh nooooooooooo... DONT IGNORE ME!!! Who's going to entertain me with their pitiful posts on SDN while I sit on the couch today? This conversation got ridiculous when you started this thread. Wuhahaha... Pathetic.

Why are you being so mean?

She decided to rant about her score and everyone reprimanded her, maybe “I hate my life” was a bit extreme for the circumstances but everyone gets frustrated sometimes.

e_phn said:
it's just a test. you will face worser things in the future. don't make a big deal out of it.
at least, you didn't get an F. :)
i hope you will feel better soon. :oops:

Thanks a lot. I did VERY WELL on my final. See a few posts above regarding that. :p
And just for the record, I HAVE faced worse things before, but I must have been feeling very low that day, that I decided to start a thread on it. I think I had studied too much and gotten too little sleep, haha. :laugh:

Lilah said:
Why are you being so mean?

She decided to rant about her score and everyone reprimanded her, maybe “I hate my life” was a bit extreme for the circumstances but everyone gets frustrated sometimes.

Because she makes it so easy... "Geez" "Geez". She deserved a good reality check and a kick in the pants. Especially if she wants to be a doctor, she's gonna be dealing with people's WORST problems. Their most personal, intimate, and life-affecting problems. Time for some growing up in my opinion.

Dr. Weebs said:
Because she makes it so easy... "Geez" "Geez". She deserved a good reality check and a kick in the pants. Especially if she wants to be a doctor, she's gonna be dealing with people's WORST problems. Their most personal, intimate, and life-affecting problems. Time for some growing up in my opinion.

That’s true.

But we all go overboard sometimes and talking (or posting) about it can make you feel better. This is the community for neurotic pre-meds after all. :D

Lilah said:
That’s true.

But we all go overboard sometimes and talking (or posting) about it can make you feel better. This is the community for neurotic pre-meds after all. :D

who you callin neurotic biatch!??!?!?!?!? illlll kILLLLL YOUuuu!!!!
i need some pills to calm me down...where the **** are my pillls!?!?

Its_MurDAH said:
who you callin neurotic biatch!??!?!?!?!? illlll kILLLLL YOUuuu!!!!
i need some pills to calm me down...where the **** are my pillls!?!?

Is that the birth control pill in your avatar? :p

baylormed said:
I just wanted to make an announcement regarding the grade.
I MADE A 100 ON THE FINAL.
(I defy you, crappy exams!!!!)

I feel better now. :laugh:

Good Luck to everyone on their finals!!!!

I'm glad you did well on your exam.....Now gimme back my avatar! :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

2badr said:
I'm glad you did well on your exam.....Now gimme back my avatar! :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p

Two words.

Thanks. NO.