Aug 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Just want to hear how bad Orgo I or Orgo II makes you feel...

Here is my description...

Imagine someone forcing you to eat a blended shake full of cow guts, snake skin, ants, dog testicles, cat intestine, throw up, urine, feces...I'm blanking on other digusting things because I'm thinking about acetal formation...lol

wlee43

Removed
Jul 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
hey you're the guy who said you will be studying for orgo on the Halloween thread. I guess studying didn't go so well eh?

Evergrey

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I was going to empathize with you, but I don't really like the content of your post, so I'll say the truth: Orgo II was awesome, and awesomely intellectually stimulating. I loved it, I would have taken more of that shiz if I hadn't graduated from college the same year.

OP
D
Aug 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I was going to empathize with you, but I don't really like the content of your post, so I'll say the truth: Orgo II was awesome, and awesomely intellectually stimulating. I loved it, I would have taken more of that shiz if I hadn't graduated from college the same year.

This thread is for frustrated students taking ochem currently...the point is for those students, like myself, to vent off. So Let's all enjoy, stop being sensitive

Evergrey

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
Status
Medical Student
This thread is for frustrated students taking ochem currently...the point is for those students, like myself, to vent off. So Let's all enjoy, stop being sensitive
I thought Orgo was really cool, but I understand how Orgo can be frustrating. It can seem really abstract and irrelevant a lot of times. Is it the content that annoys you, the teaching methods, or just how much studying is needed for the class? I admit to having a somewhat irrational love of chemistry -- I acknowledge it's not shared by everyone though. Regardless, good luck with the class and there are a lot of excellent study tips posted on these boards if you feel that your study habits need a boost!

OP
D
Aug 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I thought Orgo was really cool, but I understand how Orgo can be frustrating. It can seem really abstract and irrelevant a lot of times. Is it the content that annoys you, the teaching methods, or just how much studying is needed for the class? I admit to having a somewhat irrational love of chemistry -- I acknowledge it's not shared by everyone though. Regardless, good luck with the class and there are a lot of excellent study tips posted on these boards if you feel that your study habits need a boost!

Thanks for the advice...just have a bit of frustration with the material since Im taking microbio, physics 2, ochem lab and stats...it can get overwhelming at times...btw, Im a chemistry major but my love lies in quantitative analysis...

WorldChanger36

7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2009
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
No way Orgo was great.... Worst grads I got so far but great stuff. NMR was a bit difficult to remember but I am golden now.

Jan 2, 2010
Reality, or so i think.
Status
lol definitely. its the only class where i truly felt that i didn't actually have enough brain power to fully understand it. i still got an A minus, but thats after studying a week ahead for every exam for 4 - 6 hours a day.

Faol

7+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Orgo sucked but not nearly as much as analytical chem. I miss Orgo now haha

QuizzicalApe

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2010
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Say whatever mean things you want about Orgo, requiring me to take it was probably the best way to give me a knowledge base that will be almost entirely useless for the rest of my life.

that defense wasn't as stirring as I thought it would be

gravitywave

fourth year
Dec 19, 2009
s/p ERAS
Status
Medical Student
i love how the "I love Orgo" people piled into this thread.

Orgo II >>>> Orgo I anyway

apumic

Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Status
Medical Student
I don't think Ochem 2's that bad, really. Once you got back what you'd forgotten in early Ochem 1, the rest is just application. It's all conceptual. Stop focusing on details if you're struggling w it.... Good luck!

Shaolin

Novice
Oct 5, 2010
IL
Status
Pre-Medical
Just want to hear how bad Orgo I or Orgo II makes you feel...

Here is my description...

Imagine someone forcing you to eat a blended shake full of cow guts, snake skin, ants, dog testicles, cat intestine, throw up, urine, feces...I'm blanking on other digusting things because I'm thinking about acetal formation...lol
All the Orgo lovers are piling on you, but I'm with you. I hated it. The Orgo lessons from my MCAT prep book were far more enlightening than any Orgo teacher I had. But then again, maybe it's because I was more motivated to do well on the MCAT (or my teachers sucked). I rocked Gen Chem though. I am positive that was because those teachers were good (and that they all spoke without a heavy accent). :hungover: