I Hate Relying On Other People..........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreyFox2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I thought I had all my letters of recommendation planned out. I live almost an hour from the school I graduated (UM- Dearborn) from 8 months ago so its not like I can drive there and ask professors for letters all the time. I e-mailed for professors, and got a response from only 2 of them. 1 of the professors had a letter of rec sent to PharmCAS within 5 days, and I know he writes excellent letters. The other professor is a scatter brain who wasn't my second, or third, choice. She couldn't get the request in her email for some reason, so I had her send it via mail. This was almost a month ago. PharmCAS still has her status as pending. I e-mailed her last week and haven't heard back from yet.

In a panic mode I asked a former boss of mine at Office Max, the store I work for, to write a letter for me as an employer. The problem? He's taking his time. He says he'll have it done by the deadline tomorrow night, but I'm scared he might not. I'm afraid to be rude and tell him to have it finished by the deadline tomorrow night at midnight.

I need reassurance. Most the letters of recc make it to the schools by their deadline, or do they just worry about transcripts and apps being finished? Can letters, and PCAT scores (PharmCAS still doesn't show they received them yet) arrive from PharmCAS a little bit after the deadline?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know how you feel. Harrass them til they get tired of you.

Letters have to be in by the deadline. I was denied for early admission becuase one of my letters wasn't in by the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lesson learned from my 1st year applying. I thought I would start my pharmCAS in late July, then asked for lor's in August. Big mistake!

This year, I asked in April/May, started Pharmcas June 1st, everything complete by mid-August. Worked wonders for rolling admissions schools.

Good luck. All I know is when I become a pharmacist and someone askes for a LOR, I will finish the same week he askes. My microbio professor turned 30 not too long ago. She finished my eLOR the same day I asked. I bet she remembered how frustrating it was to get LOR's when she did her graduate work a few years back.

Well I got a phone call from my former boss and he wanted me to see the letter. He than submitted it 5 minutes later and its finally on the website as received. Whew. Just in the nick of time.

I also got an email from one school today saying their looking forward to seeing my PCAT scores. That can't be a bad thing I suppose.