1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I HATE the MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by exigente chica, Nov 22, 2002.

1. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

x

#1 exigente chica, Nov 22, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dph201

dph201 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

exigente chica,
    I agree with you about hating the test. But don't give up hope. Don't let the anger take over because it will blind what you need to do to get the score you need. Think positive and things will happen. I have faith in you.

4. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

I have never heard of you losing a scholarship if you don't get a certain score on the MCAT. Is it a re-take? I can understand not being able to get into a certain program if you don't have a certain score but what's the deal with the scholarship?

I hate to say it, but that's what this process is all about. What you get GPA/MCAT determines where you can realistically apply, if you get accepted, if you get into a MSTP etc. so I think everyone feels exactly as you do prior to taking the test. I'm not saying it's right but it is how the game is played. Relax and stay focused on what you need to do to accomplish your goals. It gets to everyone at one time or another. If it was easy, there would be a lot more doctors and a lot more competition to get in than there already is. Good luck on the MCAT. You still have plenty of time to study and crush that baby.

5. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

Thanks so much honey, I appreciate the kind words..I'm now to the point that whatever happens happens..u know..