I hate to be that person but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allaboutteeth5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
After acceptance to dental school what grades do you have to maintain to keep your acceptance? I have my masters so none of my courses were prereqs. I took two courses this semester just to keep up with school work and one was a graduate course in a different field than biology or chemistry that I did not do well in. Final grade is a C and since I am only taking 2 courses it won't be able to be made up for in the semester grade.

I am worried because I am waitlisted at a couple schools and if I WERE to get in could a C ruin my acceptance?? I am taking more classes next semester as well....
I missed classes for interviews which contributed to my grade ):

Well some schools require a overall GPA of 3.0 so you need an A in the other class. I just wonder how a school will look at a C when you are taking two classes and on your best "behavior".

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know ugh this sucks! The class was difficult and not in my field AT ALL I was the only one in it not in the program. I should have dropped it...
Get sick urgently. History of depression will explain bad grade if needed

There’s no dishonesty here. We are all depressed. This one just need the recorded history

Alright buddy. I don't see how saying one should "make" themselves depressed is being honest, but hey I guess in your book thats called honesty.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright buddy. I don't see how saying one should "make" themselves depressed is being honest, but hey I guess in your book thats called honesty.
You are taking stuff too seriously

I actually do have clinical depression, but I didn’t have an episode.
I truly believe that a C shouldn’t mean automatic rejection. Majority of people are exaggerating their successes and are trying to make their f-ups less noticeable during application process. This is what my advice was all about
Just document your health problems to be able to explain your shortcomings to schools and I hope you would avoid expensive reapplication next cycle

I suggest you not updating anything on the application right now until you receive an acceptance. And many schools don’t care about your post-acceptance gpa as long as you finish your bachelor degree and all the prereqs, which you did. So I wouldn’t think it’s a big deal. If the school u are accepted to does care, just go to a psychologist/psychiatrist and get a depression recorded.

I was able to actually get a B-. Hopefully this is better?!?
No worry, u won’t get rescinded. But don’t update your grade on AADSAS yet since u are still waitlisted at some schools.