I hate to be that Person but....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waitlisted2009

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Very interesting q, but not for Dec.1st.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well for all those Waitlisted to all those holding multiple acceptances...

How long are you going to hold onto your extra acceptances before letting the other schools know where you plan to attend. You see why this might be important to all of us.

If you could let us know a planned date of telling the school and what school that would help ease at least a little stress. Knowing that a spot will be opening up at a school and it just might be for us!

Let the people who are lucky enough to have multiple acceptances enjoy their accomplishment. They are entitled to have some time to make their decision.

I don't think the few people responding to your posts will help you in the long run. Like the above posters mentioned, it is only Dec. 1st ... didn't even get my official letter yet...

That is a horrible question.

For being your first post to call out people who deserve it is just plain wrong. :thumbdown:

Speaking from a person with no acceptances, yet
It is the person's right to take as long as they want. THEY DESERVE IT....

wow..these people worked their booties off. let them have their fun..they deserve it!!

I feel what this guy is going through. I was there last year and it sucks having to wait. Ive been waiting for almost a year and a half. I'm going to to make a decision in the next week or so and then I'm going to withdraw from all bizzjizzilion schools I applied to except for maybe one in case something goes wrong.

I understand where you are comming from. I will probably decline the acceptances I don't want later this week. I have known where I wanted to go all along, so its not a BIG decision for me.

I withdrew from Buffalo and am going to from Boston. Idk if you applied there or not, but I wish you the best. :luck:Good luck to you.:xf:

How long are you going to hold onto your extra acceptances before letting the other schools know where you plan to attend. You see why this might be important to all of us.

If you could let us know a planned date of telling the school and what school that would help ease at least a little stress. Knowing that a spot will be opening up at a school and it just might be for us!

if you had the cojones to post using your regular account, i might tell you where i was pullin my apps from

Bad question.. :thumbdown: buzzkill for those of us who were fortunate today.

..but I'll go ahead and answer it. I got into my top choice UIC so I withdrew my acceptance to Pittsburgh today (extra seat for you!), and will withdraw from Michigan and NYU as soon I get my UIC paperwork done and seat reserved with a cash deposit (a couple weeks from now?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Bad question.. :thumbdown: buzzkill for those of us who were fortunate today.

..but I'll go ahead and answer it. I got into my top choice UIC so I withdrew my acceptance to Pittsburgh today (extra seat for you!), and will withdraw from Michigan and NYU as soon I get my UIC paperwork done and seat reserved with a cash deposit (a couple weeks from now?)

I'll be doing the same very shortly. Im gonna put down a deposit at one school but still go to my post december 1st interviews.

I got into my number 1 choice... so I will withdraw from the other schools ASAP!

I don't have any acceptances yet but let me offer those who are withdrawing some of theirs advice. Don't withdraw anything until you have signed on the dotted line at your top choice of schools. You just never know if something funny might happen and you don't want to be screwed as a result.

Come on cool down, think about how stressed you all were last night, now your sitting pretty while our stress level has skyrocketed! also, chances are your visits to sdn will significantly decrease, so its semi-legit to bring up the idea right away.

Congrats to you guys, thats awesome and celebrate! you deserve it! He was just sayin ya know, dont sit on it longer than you need to! (Def take your time, but once you decide, let the schools know!)

Heyyy no reason to get on this guys back. Maybe... he should have had the balls to post from his own name, but i feel where he is coming from. He is just weighing in his mind the realistic chance of him getting an interview and getting accepted to a school this late in the cycle! I understand.. I have no interviews yet. Congrats to those with multiple acceptances. If it were me, I would take my time as well to make sure I made the right decision. Especially if I had not heard from my top choice today.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

And congrats to everyone who is DONE waiting!!:)

Come on cool down, think about how stressed you all were last night, now your sitting pretty while our stress level has skyrocketed! also, chances are your visits to sdn will significantly decrease, so its semi-legit to bring up the idea right away.

Really? No it won't.

hahaha
feeling a little bit desperate and insecure??

Dentgirl, your DAT is good! ..but did you seriously only apply to 3 schools? :(

No I actually did 22....have 4 rejections so far. My GPA is not great, but its not terrible either. Just waiting I guess!!

My stuff was complete around end of oct to mid nov depending on the school.A lot have just started reviewing my stuff so hopefully I'll hear something!!!! Thanks for the ego-boost. :)

It's only the first day. Spots are gonna open up soon enough.

No I actually did 22....have 4 rejections so far. My GPA is not great, but its not terrible either. Just waiting I guess!!

My stuff was complete around end of oct to mid nov depending on the school.A lot have just started reviewing my stuff so hopefully I'll hear something!!!! Thanks for the ego-boost. :)

Damn, very very VERY late application.. with your stats you should get plenty of Spring interviews, though I'm not surprised you haven't heard anything on Dec 1st for applying SO late..

Damn, very very VERY late application.. with your stats you should get plenty of Spring interviews, though I'm not surprised you haven't heard anything on Dec 1st for applying SO late..

I know. It's my own fault. I've said it many times before. All I can do is hope and wait!

To the OP,

If it makes you feel better I withdrew from all the schools (9 in total) that I have no chance of attending with my UoP acceptance. However, I only had interviews at one of them, but hey at least its one less person you are competing with. You can view em in my predents profile if it suits you.

hahaha
feeling a little bit desperate and insecure??

that's not very nice? isn't everyone who didn't get an acceptance feeling that way? And didnt' everyone feel that way last night before they got their acceptances? SHEESH. Its a long process!

Dentgirl, I applied and finished everything around the same time as last year as you did this year and I applied to 16 schools now 22 and only got one interview, no acceptances. DATs seem the same and my GPA isn't great either. Just keep at it and apply early next year if it doesn't happen this year. I should of applied in May, but I did in July and it was still early enough to get me 5 interviews and an acceptance so far! However you are from Ohio so you have probably lesser competition for your ideal schools than I do (Cali schools are a pain)

Dentgirl, I applied and finished everything around the same time as last year as you did this year and I applied to 16 schools now 22 and only got one interview, no acceptances. DATs seem the same and my GPA isn't great either. Just keep at it and apply early next year if it doesn't happen this year. I should of applied in May, but I did in July and it was still early enough to get me 5 interviews and an acceptance so far! However you are from Ohio so you have probably lesser competition for your ideal schools than I do (Cali schools are a pain)

Yeah, I wish! Got a rejection from Case and no interview from OSU....:thumbdown:. Hoping to hear something SOOOOON!

Oh yeah... CONGRATS on your acceptance!! all you need is one :)

I was not trying to bring anyone down. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! Really you all put in a great amount of work for years and years for this day to come. You did amazing work.

Some very true statements have been said in this thread. I know it was only December first but it is extremely stressful being on a wait list after months and months of waiting already. Of course take your time and choose the best school! You deserve it!
I am just a little anxious...
I was almost diagnosed clinical depression when i was waiting for interview invites so i know how bad waiting feels. i will definitely try my hardest to make my decision to go to one school. i will (100% sure) be withdrawing from other schools that accepted me before christmas so hopefully some of those schools are the schools you're waiting to hear from. also remember ppl get accepted even a few days before classes begin. i heard if you're waitlisted on dec 1st, there's a very high chance the list will move and you'll be offered a spot. gl:luck:

recommended me to go to the first school that accepts me. :laugh:

In reality, this is also very very important moment. :scared:

I agree with Waitlist dude, but take your time and decide, its your future.