I hate waiting!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
uggh....this time of year in the application process is so nerve-rackingly (word?) frustrating....Just one looong waiting game. To any who applied last year...when was the earliest you started hearing about interviews??? And is it true that all schools which you interview at in the fall get back to you on Dec. 1st w/a decision? thanks in advance for any tips... :mad: :confused: :cool: :)

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting,

I got my first interview offers early October. Regarding the acceptance letters, yes, that is true, Dec. 1st is the earliest dental schools can inform candidates of their acceptance by AADS guidelines. Last Dec. 1st, I either got a phone call or an acceptance letter in the mail from various dental schools, so it does happen.

Racerdude

I did not apply this early last year, but after I sent in my application I got interview offers 5-7 weeks after I submitted my AADSAS application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone got secondaries....heck, I have yet to receive my AADSAS# and I sent my application in 16 business days ago! It really seems like a slow process. However, I'v leanred that some schools (NYU, Temple and more) don't even start looking at applications till mid-July to late August for our entering class. Some do but if you've applied to a school that starts the review process a bit later, I guess it's no surprise that none of us have heard anything. What's that saying, no news is good news?!

MDP

thanks for the scoop Racerdude...but early October....that seems like ages from now!!

Margaret...no, I haven't gotten any secondaries yet either. At least not from the schools that supposedly screen you before sending them out. However, I did fill out the secondaries for a couple of schools that don't screen by calling and requesting them. I did this for Penn and UCLA (you can download UCLA's from the dental web page). UNC's is also online if you're applying there.....

Hey Everyone! Yeah...waiting does suck. I just recieved a secondary from Ohio State yesterday and dropped it back in the mail today. Anyone else heard anything yet from other schools?

I got UCSF and UPENN.

I filed AADSAS on June 1st and got secondaries from UofL and UK about 6 weeks later. I filled out UPenn's and UNC's secondary online (why can't more schools do that?!?). So, now I am playing the "waiting game", too! UofL should give me an interview late September - early October. I have no idea about the others. Grr....I hate waiting!! Anyone want to play cards or something to pass the time? :)

Eric

Slight correction...I hade to mail in the UPenn secondary. Only UNC's was online. Sorry for any confusion.

Eric