1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I hate waiting!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by waiting, Aug 9, 2001.

1. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

uggh....this time of year in the application process is so nerve-rackingly (word?) frustrating....Just one looong waiting game. To any who applied last year...when was the earliest you started hearing about interviews??? And is it true that all schools which you interview at in the fall get back to you on Dec. 1st w/a decision? thanks in advance for any tips... :mad: :confused: :cool: :)

2. RacerDude2249

RacerDude2249 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Waiting,

I got my first interview offers early October. Regarding the acceptance letters, yes, that is true, Dec. 1st is the earliest dental schools can inform candidates of their acceptance by AADS guidelines. Last Dec. 1st, I either got a phone call or an acceptance letter in the mail from various dental schools, so it does happen.

Racerdude

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

I did not apply this early last year, but after I sent in my application I got interview offers 5-7 weeks after I submitted my AADSAS application.

4. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Has anyone even gotten secondaries???

Margaret

5. MDP

MDP Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone got secondaries....heck, I have yet to receive my AADSAS# and I sent my application in 16 business days ago! It really seems like a slow process. However, I'v leanred that some schools (NYU, Temple and more) don't even start looking at applications till mid-July to late August for our entering class. Some do but if you've applied to a school that starts the review process a bit later, I guess it's no surprise that none of us have heard anything. What's that saying, no news is good news?!

MDP

6. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks for the scoop Racerdude...but early October....that seems like ages from now!!

Margaret...no, I haven't gotten any secondaries yet either. At least not from the schools that supposedly screen you before sending them out. However, I did fill out the secondaries for a couple of schools that don't screen by calling and requesting them. I did this for Penn and UCLA (you can download UCLA's from the dental web page). UNC's is also online if you're applying there.....

7. budfrog

budfrog Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Everyone! Yeah...waiting does suck. I just recieved a secondary from Ohio State yesterday and dropped it back in the mail today. Anyone else heard anything yet from other schools?

8. beachbabe

beachbabe Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got UCSF and UPENN.

9. eschou01

eschou01 Member
    7+ Year Member

I filed AADSAS on June 1st and got secondaries from UofL and UK about 6 weeks later. I filled out UPenn's and UNC's secondary online (why can't more schools do that?!?). So, now I am playing the "waiting game", too! UofL should give me an interview late September - early October. I have no idea about the others. Grr....I hate waiting!! Anyone want to play cards or something to pass the time? :)

Eric

10. eschou01

eschou01 Member
    7+ Year Member

Slight correction...I hade to mail in the UPenn secondary. Only UNC's was online. Sorry for any confusion.

Eric