General Admissions & OTCAS I have 72 observation hours of PT, should I put that in on OTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cr39284

Reaction score
I am wondering if the near two weeks of PT observation I have would be beneficial to put on OTCAS or not. I figured that I would ask and see if it would help me look more holistic since they can be very similar practices or that it's simply is incorrect to do.

Members don't see this ad.

can't hurt ! i don't think it would be incorrect per say, could def make you seem more well rounded ! Where you applying to, if i may ask?

Reactions: 1 user
I would put it under the experiences section for sure! I also put non-OT hours under the observation category because they were on my documented hours sheet. This was at an orthotics and prosthetics clinic; I felt it was relevant but there wasn’t actually an OT there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would put it, but I would be prepared to be able to speak to why you decided to go to OT school rather than PT school. Something about OT that resonated with you during your exposure to it as compared to your PT exposure. That will make you look like you did your due diligence rather than just randomly deciding on OT.