1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a Baylor interview on Friday..Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by longhorn, Nov 13, 2002.

1. longhorn

longhorn Membership Revoked
    Removed

Any comments about the school or interview questions asked would be appreciated. Anything about the school as well...thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey there.

It's a fun interview. You will have 2, one may be a student. After each interview session, the interviewers submit their recommendations and the committee reviews and ranks applicants. Make sure you eat before you go, you won't see any food until 6 or so, since they start so late. And be prepared to do some walking - the Texas Medical Center is the biggest in the world, and they'll show you the highlights. I got some ethical/health care questions, but nothing obscure. Each interview is about an hour, pretty standard-type questions about your application.

About the school: TMC is amazing, several of the nation's best specialty hospitals and research institutions, and a huge, and diverse patient base at well, all surrounding 2 medical schools. They'll also tell you about the unique curriculum at Baylor (only 1.5 years basic science, reduced didactic/lecture time, and good deal of PBL - or what they call "IPS") and the neat "extras," like the International Med Track and the Research track programs. Don't worry about being an expert on the school beforehand though - your interviews will be before the tour, and they won't ask you "why baylor?"

Anyways, take it easy in Houston, and enjoy your visit to Baylor. It's a great school. :D

4. ::Seabass::

::Seabass:: bringing burkas back!
    7+ Year Member

For some reason I thought we interviewed on the same day, 9/27 right? They don't have a dinner set out till six, but they will have all kinds of snacks in the early afternoon and on. Things like cookies, fruit, cheese, eggrolls, finger sandwiches and such. I at least managed to stuff myself. :)

They spend the first hour trying to put you at ease and to make you feel good about getting a Baylor interview, so relax. If you interviewed anywhere else so far, you will find the day very similar.

5. bujji13

bujji13 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Whoops you're right. Now, I can't even complain about that :) We were there on the same day, seaworth.