I have a Baylor interview on Friday..Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any comments about the school or interview questions asked would be appreciated. Anything about the school as well...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there.

It's a fun interview. You will have 2, one may be a student. After each interview session, the interviewers submit their recommendations and the committee reviews and ranks applicants. Make sure you eat before you go, you won't see any food until 6 or so, since they start so late. And be prepared to do some walking - the Texas Medical Center is the biggest in the world, and they'll show you the highlights. I got some ethical/health care questions, but nothing obscure. Each interview is about an hour, pretty standard-type questions about your application.

About the school: TMC is amazing, several of the nation's best specialty hospitals and research institutions, and a huge, and diverse patient base at well, all surrounding 2 medical schools. They'll also tell you about the unique curriculum at Baylor (only 1.5 years basic science, reduced didactic/lecture time, and good deal of PBL - or what they call "IPS") and the neat "extras," like the International Med Track and the Research track programs. Don't worry about being an expert on the school beforehand though - your interviews will be before the tour, and they won't ask you "why baylor?"

Anyways, take it easy in Houston, and enjoy your visit to Baylor. It's a great school. :D

Originally posted by bujji13
Make sure you eat before you go, you won't see any food until 6 or so, since they start so late.
For some reason I thought we interviewed on the same day, 9/27 right? They don't have a dinner set out till six, but they will have all kinds of snacks in the early afternoon and on. Things like cookies, fruit, cheese, eggrolls, finger sandwiches and such. I at least managed to stuff myself. :)

They spend the first hour trying to put you at ease and to make you feel good about getting a Baylor interview, so relax. If you interviewed anywhere else so far, you will find the day very similar.

For some reason I thought we interviewed on the same day, 9/27 right? They don't have a dinner set out till six, but they will have all kinds of snacks in the early afternoon and on.

Whoops you're right. Now, I can't even complain about that :) We were there on the same day, seaworth.