1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I have a DMD degree from Philippines, what to do next to work in the USA? I have US green card.

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by Kiran Gautam, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Kiran Gautam

I am pursuing a dentistry degree in Philippines (DMD). I will be graduating next year. At the mean time I got married to a US citizen and got my green card which makes me easy to go to US and work legally. Now, I am confused what to do next? Do I have to again go and study in the US or can I just give a board exam in the US and start working?

It's a DMD degree so can anyone please give me a correct guidance? I would really appreciate your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. prettysage

Dental Student
    If you want to be a dentist here in the US, youll have to go back to school. You have to pass the board exams even before you can apply anywhere.

4. oralcare123

7+ Year Member

As far as I know there were no accredited dental schools in Philippines, most likely you will have to go back to school for another two years. There are some residences, but you will have to look for requirements for the state you plan to live in